“Private dining!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
London, United Kingdom
“Private dining!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

The Hotel is in stunning and the grounds beautiful, so when I arrived I thought I was in for a real treat.
Drinks and a private room had been booked for a family dinner, from the start it was a total let down. The main problem was a lack of attention to detail, which you would not expect for such a venue and at what they charge! The whole experience was cold and soulless. As for the food, Ive eaten better food as a bar meal in a pub.Starter with very little imagination, and took seconds to prepare, The main course was to small fillets of fish slapped on top of a dollop of mashed potato,
pudding again was most probably made off site. Not including drinks which we had to pour ourselves the meal was £50 per head.
Never again. Will use local pub next time, and there will be another next time. Managerial Staff need to get a grip, and quick.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank selwyn c
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear SelwynC,

Thank you for your comments.
I am sorry you were disappointed we were certainly not aware of this feeling from the organiser of the party.
We are able to cater for a wide range of tastes, The menu was selected by the organiser of the party and I am sorry if this was not your preference.

Kind Regards
Front Of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Twelve members of my family hired a special room at this hotel for a celebration birthday meal. We could not have chosen a better venue. The staff were extremely helpful and attentive, the food was exceptionally good and the room was set up with beautiful lighting and table settings. The evening was a huge success made very special by an excellent venue and good staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AAH
Dear AAH,

Thank you very much for this divine feedback!

We put a lot into offering our undivided attention to all of our guests>

Once again I would like to thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel for your birthday venue and sincerely hope you will revisit us in the near future.

Kind Regards
Hailsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We booked an overnight stay at Alexander House as a 40th Birthday treat and what a treat it was! From the moment we arrived the staff treated us like royalty and were incredibly helpful and attentive. The food was amazing, the room was amazing and the spa was amazing! Well done Alexander House for not only providing a beautiful and relaxing hotel but for reminding me what good old customer service is like! We shall definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kyra C
Dear KyraC,

Thank you for your words of praise and for describing us as " Alexander house heaven ". This is our utmost reward as we genuinely love to pamper all of our guests.

We look forward to your next visits.

Best wishes
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

After a heavy weekend of raving, I visited Alexander House with my friend for some R&R. We arrived, parked in the car park and made our way up the gravel to the grand imposing building.
Check in was swift and friendly and we were then shown around the hotel by a really nice man, I forget his name but he was kind of a porter/concierge. He showed us around the luxurious and grand grounds even giving us the history which I thought was quite nice.
He then took us up to our room. We were in he spa side meaning our room was named after a tree. I really liked this! We were taken up to our room Willow and shown around. He showed us how everything worked which some people may find to be too much but I really felt it was a 5 star service!
The room was nice, modern and well equipped with all the usual mod cons! Stunning bathroom with complimentary toiletries, a bath and rain shower, gave it a really luxiuors feel. There was also a range of hot drinks and a biscuit each which I thought was a nice touch. We were provided with a robe and slippers each which is always essential when you go for a spa break!
We enjoyed the hot tub outside which must be amazing in the summer. The grecian style pool indoors is also really nice
Dinner was good. The staff were not overly friendly but were pretty efficient. There wasnt a great deal of choice but there is definitely something for everyone.
We enjoyed a full nights sleep in the lovely bed and went downstairs for breakfast the next day. Breakfast was ok, nothing to jump and down about
Our spa treatment was pre booked by the hotel for the morning of our departure and we were not able to change it as they were fully booked. This would be my one little gripe as I would have elected to have it the night before so I could continue to feel relaxed rather than have to drive straight back to London. That being said my full body massage was AMAZING. So relaxing. There were loads of staff in the spa and they were all very smiley and helpful
All in all I would love to return, had a great relaxing break from normality!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank shanBLondon
Dear shanBLondon,

Thank you for your comments.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Alexander House Hotel.
We put a lot into offering our undivided attention to all of our guests.

Thank you once again for providing feedback and I do hope you will revisit us, giving us a chance to change your opinion of the Alexander House Hotel.

Best wishes
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I have never been to a Spa before and a friend kindly invited me to join her, the voucher included use of the Spa & a lunch! On arrival we were impressed by the grounds and the actual Hotel Building made you feel you were in for a special treat, on entering the decoration was beautiful, we went to the Spa reception and was warmly greeted and sat down and was fully explained about our day along with booking our lunch, we were given dressing gowns and towels were in the impressive changing area we then had a tour of the areas that we would be using. We went to the gym first, followed by a lovely swim and chilled in the hydro pool and then the hot tub, all very relaxing. We then went for lunch we had a cream tea which was so lovely, finger sandwiches, pastries, scones & cream and a lovely pot of tea we were completely full! We then took to the hot tub outside & weather being good made the experience even better! We then had a treatment booked each, my friend had a great haircut and I had an amazing shoulder & neck massage thank you Monica it was great and my neck felt so much better! We sadly then had to go home, but as my first experience of a Spa so glad I had it here where your made to feel comfortable and welcomed all credit to the wonderful staff!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear greer563,

Thank you so much for your praising words of the Utopia Spa it is great to hear that you had a memorable spa day with us and you felt that you have received a good value for your money in our Spa.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Yours sincerely
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Alexander hotel is the most luxurious place I have ever stayed in, not rich or famous but get treated like you are! Never had a massage before so no experience but me and my girlfriend loved it, spa faculties are very nice and the food was top notch!
We stayed in a luxury suit and the title says it all, absolutely sensational! Service was brilliant!
2 things I can say in a slight negative, 3pm check in and 11am check out means it's a little rushed to take full advantage of everything, stay 2 nights if you can and sauna and steam room are in changing rooms which looks and are lovely but you can't enjoy them with your partner (of another sex) but would recommend Alexander hotel to each and every person

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Whiley86,

Thank you for such great feedback!

The whole team and I were thrilled to hear that you have had such a wonderful time with us at Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa

Indeed we love to indulge all of our guests!

Once again I would like to thank you for choosing Alexander House Hotel and sincerely hope you will revisit us in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Loved it. Service, friendliness, food, decor, rooms, spa. Everything. I took my boyfriend for his birthday and we used the spa in the evening that we arrived and the morning before check out. We had a couple of treatments each that were great. The spa facilities are really good. Note that the sauna and steam rooms are in the changing rooms so only single sex, but there is plenty to do together so it is also nice having some quiet time! The staff were so helpful and we didn't have a single stressful moment. Highly recommend for a relaxing break.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Weddie111,

Thank you for this positive feedback. I am really pleased to hear that you and your boyfriend have had such a wonderful time with us. It is our reward to hear good comments’ also thank you for recommending Alexander House Hotel and Utopia Spa to everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Yours sincerely,
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,191 reviews
Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club
Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa

Been to Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!