The Hotel is in stunning and the grounds beautiful, so when I arrived I thought I was in for a real treat.
Drinks and a private room had been booked for a family dinner, from the start it was a total let down. The main problem was a lack of attention to detail, which you would not expect for such a venue and at what they charge! The whole experience was cold and soulless. As for the food, Ive eaten better food as a bar meal in a pub.Starter with very little imagination, and took seconds to prepare, The main course was to small fillets of fish slapped on top of a dollop of mashed potato,
pudding again was most probably made off site. Not including drinks which we had to pour ourselves the meal was £50 per head.
Never again. Will use local pub next time, and there will be another next time. Managerial Staff need to get a grip, and quick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 170 acres of stunning private gardens and parkland, Alexander House Hotel in Sussex is both a boutique retreat and an unsurpassed destination spa hotel near London, UK, the heart of South England's countryside. With tastefully designed, luxurious bedrooms, award winning Utopia Spa and a 3 AA Rosette restaurant, Alexander House Hotel is ideal for a weekend luxury escape in Sussex countryside and is a perfectly appointed private function venue, wedding venue near London and business events venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Lastminute so you can book your Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander House & Utopia Hotel East Grinstead
- Alexander House And Utopia Spa
- Alexander Hotel Utopia
- Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa East Grinstead, West Sussex