Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
US$94
US$79
CrownePlaza.com
Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel(East Grinstead)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$140
US$74
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
The Roebuck Hotel(Forest Row)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$251
US$154
US$110
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Regency Hotel Gatwick(Crawley)(Great Value!)
US$77
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,348 results
All reviewsreflections restaurantchampagne barhot tubgarden suiterelaxation roombeautiful hotelchanging roomsthe fine dining restauranton arrivalfull body massageag restaurantcedar lodgebirthday treatoutdoor saunaroll top bathrelaxing breakjunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I booked in here when our usual favourite spa destination, The Grove, was fully booked. The building is impressive and the room was decent enough, certainly quiet and comfortable. The massages were perfectly decent but the pool area was too small for the amount of clients and hence it became too noisy. Accepting Hen parties is fine but the relaxation element disappears for other people if they can hear shouting and screaming which goes unchecked. The pool itself is okay except that if you actually want to swim then there is only room for three people maximum due to the design. Some of the water jets were very strong and so different pressure needs were met.
The meal was mediocre. My starter was very good but then the steak was average and I felt that I usually do better at home. My wife's salmon was poorly presented and was accompanied by some very sorry looking boiled potatoes. At the price we paid, you certainly expect something decent.
We came for my wife's birthday and took a package which involved champagne in the room and chocolate strawberries. This was very nice although it arrived during dinner and so there wasn't much time to make use of it before bed. The stay was pleasant enough but there were too many faults for us to go back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank bmd34
Jurca T, Manager at Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear bmd34,
Thank you for your detailed and constructive review.

First and foremost, I must sincerely apologise that your recent stay was not to your satisfaction. The matters that you have raised are absolutely not indicative of the level of service and quality that we pride ourselves on providing, and I am very sorry to hear that you have left with a diverse opinion.
I believe whilst your comments are mainly of personal opinion. I would ask you to please contact me at tjurca@alexanderhotels.com and we can discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Me and my partner stayed on the 19th of July and left on the 20th July. We were greeted in the car park by a very friendly member of staff who handed an umbrella to us due to the rain, and i felt like royalty instantly! We had a tour of the hotel and of the room. What a beautiful place! Our room was amazing, there were absolutely no faults! Breakfast and dinner was exceptional, except the first morning they did forget about our coffee and pastries, but quickly made it up to us! The spa was beautiful and all the spa ladies where so helpful and all very friendly. A lady on reception helped us get a reservation into the fine dining experience which was one in a million and we were very grateful. Milan who worked in the hotel bar was so friendly and chatty and was our favorite member of staff. The rooms were spotless and all the little luxury soaps were lovely! I couldn't recommend this hotel anymore! I would go back tomorrow if i could! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah D

Dear HannahD,

Thank you for your comments.
I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed our Hotel.
We put a lot into offering our undivided attention to all of our guests
I was also pleased to read how much you enjoyed you’re the room itself and the great care from all the Alexander House Hotel Team
My team and I look forward to welcome you back.

best wishes,

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

It was my son 1st birthday. Helen the Sales Manager was very helpful with booking. On the day Tamas who helped all our guest from main car park to Wakehurst suite instead of going to main entrance. Wakehurst suite looked so beautiful. Weather was great we had our Drink reception outside the Wakehurst suite. Food was amazing, service was superb. Specially Charles, Laura. All my guest really enjoyed.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jd_Mir

Dear Mr Jdmir,

Thank you for so much praise! I have personally made sure that your comments have been forwarded to everyone
I am extremely happy to note that you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate your praise of our staff.
We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and had a terrible experience. They were extremely unfriendly upon arrival and not at all helpful. The rooms were fine and the bathrooms excellent but there was no air circulation in the rooms and so were extremely hot and stuffy. A most uncomfortable night's sleep. The service in the restaurants was awful and when I was choking on a fish bone in their "best' restaurant the staff was happy to continue talking amongst themselves and offer no assistance. Of course, there was no credit for the offending course. Fortunately I did not die and managed to get myself to the washroom and dislodge the bone - I was determined this hotel would not be my last experience on earth. The bar does not stock brand name liquor and they were at an impasse as to making drinks because of this. Never so glad to leave a place in all our lives. Very disturbing to be at breakfast surrounded by bathrobed people wondering what if anything was under the bathrobes. Is this a strange spa for odd people or a country house hotel - they need to make up their minds. Definitely not worth any price of admission.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kathryn O

Dear KathrynO

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments about your stay at the Alexander House Hotel
Your feedback is very important to us, and we take it very seriously. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a night last year; the grounds and gardens are stunningly beautiful. The hotel itself is also stunning, and we had a lovely meal. The price seemed reasonable based on the quality of the hotel and spa, however there was a slightly pretentious atmosphere, and there were occasions we felt slightly looked down upon for not being millionaires. This would not put me off staying again, however, as it really was beautiful and the service was impeccable.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Cara S

Dear CaraS,

Thank you very much for positive feedback you provided us with. We were very glad to hear that you were very much pleased with our standards and level of hospitality you experienced in our hotel during your stay.
We sincerely hope to see you back at Alexander House Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,