“do not stay here if you are disabled.”

Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Grinstead
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“do not stay here if you are disabled.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

before booking i telephoned to ask if the room was disabled friendly, i was told yes and i also booked a disabled room on the website, but, it was not !! i could not use the shower as it was over the bath, the bed was very low - not the type as seen on all of the adverts on T V .the toilet did not have any risen seat or side rails.to add to all this we did not get any sleep as it sounded as if there was a herd of elephants in the room above us and there was very loud talking and laughing outside our bedroom door all night. so do not stay here if you want a decent nights sleep or if you are even slightly disabled.

Room Tip: do not have room 1 if you are disabled
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. Please email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com so we can investigate further. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
West Drayton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Me and my better half booked a room here to attend a wedding held locally. The staff were very friendly and greeted us warmly. There was plenty of parking, we were checked in efficiently and the room was very clean and well presented. The bed was nice and comfy and there were plenty of towels, pillows etc. We only stayed the one night and didn't eat at the Hotel so couldn't comment.

The only negatives were that some people didn't take much notice of the quiet zone signs in the corridors and decided to have their load conversations in the corridor outside other peoples rooms. There also seemed to be a rather early morning delivery at the pub next door which caused a bit of a racket.

All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your review following your stay at Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am happy to see that everything in the hotel was up to your expectations and that we were able to accommodate you and supply you with everything you needed to have a pleasant stay with us. I am glad to see that you found the facilities within the room plentiful, and that the room was clean and comfortable.

I do apologise for the noise disruption of which you experienced during your stay with us, we do try our best to keep a close eye on noise with the hotel with constant checks of the corridors to ensure that guests are within a suitable noise level.

If you would like to contact the hotel so we can discuss this issue in more detail, please call us on 01342 326089.

Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here to attend a family weddding at a hotel over the road. We booked a family with breakfast for under £70 a night. Everywhere in the hotel was very clean. The room was nice it had a double bed, single bed and a put up bed. It did feel slightly cramped but there was enough room to move around and the beds were comfortable and could not here any noise from other rooms. I was slightly dissappointed on seeing the double rooms upstairs were bigger and I think would of been put to better use as family rooms but can also understand the explination that they have the family rooms downstairs on ground floor for people with pushchairs, which I think is great but I do think that all it would take is a quick customer service call to the customer to find out if a ground floor room is needed and have a couple of family rooms upstairs as it would be more suitable for people like me that have 2 adults a teenager and an 11 year old and could do with a little extra room.
In my view the only thing that let this hotel down was the restaurant across the car park where you went for breakfast. We actually went there for dinner the night we arrived as well as we were staying for 2 nights and although staff were friendly they did seem a little distracted and service was very slow but I have to say the food was very nice. As for an all you can eat breakfast well yes you could have all you canneat if you wanted anything hot you had to order it and you needed to order more than you wanted because if it wasn't enough you wanted more you would have to re-order which ment another long wait and I think it would be better as a serve yourself. I would stay in the hotel again as the hotel was nice but I hope they can do something about the food situation

Room Tip: The score above have been given for the hotel only. The food would have only got a score of 1 for se...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review upon your recent stay with us.

I am happy too see that you found us great value for money for your family, I do apologise that you felt cramped in your room but for the convenience of most families it is usually in their best interests to have a ground floor room. In light of your review we have now started to do a courtesy call to ask guests if they have any special requests before they arrive for their convenience.

I am sorry to hear that the adjacent pub could not provide you with the level of customer service that you should expect when staying with Premier Inn and your feedback will be passed on to the pub so they can review your feedback and then action it where necessary so they can deliver high quality customer service and a more reliable service as well.

We thank you for your feedback as it does help bring issues to our attention, which can be addressed and rectified so that we can deliver a better guest experience.

We hope to see you again.

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Premier itself was welcoming, friendly staff and the expected Premier standard. Rooms were clean, it was quiet on the second floor and the bed was comfy. The bath filled nicely and the shower was adequate. It let itself down so badly when we ate out the first evening at the adjoining restaurant. The staff did all they could but they were fighting a losing battle. Our ordering was delayed due to short staffing and between our starter and our main course there was a forty five minute delay.When it eventually arrived our steaks were cold , the chips barely warm and the rest , the tomatoes and the onion rings looked so unappetising I left them. I have taken a photo of my leftovers but don't want to make everyone suffer so will not show it. Why didn't I complain? 1. Because there were no staff available. 2. Because I had to eat breakfast there the following morning. Breakfast , when we were joined by other family members did not live up to the Premier Inn promise or reputation. Staff levels low, hence the no smiling policy I suppose, cracked crockery and during the course of the meal they ran out of bowls, mugs and coffee. The food was delivered and it was unappetising.Sadly my memories are not of the comfy bed, the smiling staff ( at the Premier) but of the restaurant adjoining it.One young man serving did his best though, but alone.

Room Tip: Second floor at back was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Exeter
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel for two nights as I was attending the races at Lingfield the following day. The hotel is nicely located for East Grinstead and the racecourse. I found the hotel to be clean, friendly and good value for money. I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Avoid Ground floor as noisy,
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of us here at Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am happy to see that we are a place of convenience for you for your trip to Lingfield racecourse and that during your stay we were able to maintain our high standards of customer service to make your stay more enjoyable and what you have come to expect from our brand.

Your review is very much appreciated as this is a great motivator for the team upon hearing great feedback.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for one night over the Easter weekend. The hotel itself is typical for a Premier Inn - good sized rooms, comfy beds etc. There are just a few minor issues, the shower wasn't very powerful and there were only two plug sockets in the room, both the other side of the room to the bed, one used by the TV. As we were in the disabled room (the only room left) I found this particularly strange as many may need something plugged in while asleep.
However our main issue was the noise which caused an awful nights sleep. The noise wasn't from the road but from other guests. Our room was closest to reception (room 1), where guests go left for 1st floor rooms or right for ground floor, so everyone seemed to want to have their (loud) discussions outside our room at all hours. One woman was shouting her mobile number down the corridor and is lucky we weren't quick enough to write it down and send her a suitable text! The doors are thin so every word sounded like it was said in our room. The people in the room above us were also either very heavy footed or the floors were paper thin.
In fairness to staff it's not their fault, and we got a full refund due to their 'great nights sleep guarantee', but more needs to be done to ensure the noise is kept down.
I would return, but only to a room on the 1st floor, and would definitely not recommend to a disabled guest.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your feedback on your recent stay with us at Premier Inn East Grinstead.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to the standards of which you expect from Premier Inn, I must apologise for the issues you encountered and can reassure you that your feedback has been taken into account and will be dealt with accordingly.

In regards to the noise that you experienced during your stay, that weekend was a busy period for the hotel and as a team we struggled to manage the levels of noise throughout the hotel due to the large amount of leisure guests staying with us.

Since your stay with us the methods in which noise is managed within the hotel has changed and is now being monitored more closely and regularly so that guests can receive the good nights sleep that they are guaranteed.

Again I apologise that we did not meet expectations in delivering the good nights sleep and hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the near future.

Waterford Ireland
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed at the Premier Inn following a corneal transplant at the centre for sight. The staff went beyond my expectations storing my eye drops in the fridge and when I asked for a quiet room following surgery I was give a lovely relaxing and quiet room couldn't hear a pin drop was fab just what I needed to rest following my operation. Staff were great so friendly asking how I was every day I was so happy with my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
EastGrinsteadPI, Manager at Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for your lovely feedback following your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that your stay was above and beyond of what you expected from Premier Inn and that we were able to make your recovery period relaxing and quiet. Our staff try their very best to excel past all expectations to ensure that all guests are treated with utmost care and enjoy their stay with us.

Im happy to see that your stay was everything you required and we hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Grinstead
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick
Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick

Been to Premier Inn East Grinstead Hotel? Share your experiences!