“Terrible place”
Review of Parador Oasis

Parador Oasis
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San German
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We checked out minutes after checking in and it tooks a month to get refunded. Run down place, dirty, no elevator running, no electricity in corridors, bad mattress with dirty linen

• Stayed: March 2011
6  Thank marcopolo111

Reviewed 28 April 2011

Where do I began? First, I am deeply disappointed in saying that this hotel is a sad, sad place and an absolutely poor reflection of this extremely beautiful, charming historical town. I'm a New Yorker, but a sangermeña at heart. As a child, I admired the beautiful facades that line the streets of this historic town, including the Hotel Oasis. But, do not let the old world feel of this location fool you. As soon as I stepped in I was "welcomed" by an extremely unfriendly woman, who considered the continental breakfast to be sliced white bread, margarine and coffee. The restaurant looked deserted and not regularly used (as does the rest of the hotel, we were the only guests). I passed and headed to the room, here I was welcomed by an extremely small, stuffy room and a dried out lizard near the door. I decided to head to the (outdoor) pool, what a total disaster. Not only was it dirty and filled with leaves and dead insects, it's a pit stop for pigeons. As I laid on a beach chair, I watched two pigeons dive in and take a sip of water. I headed upstairs and what did I find? I giant roach crawling on the toilet! This was it for me, the lady downstairs didn’t seem surprised or could’ve cared less that I was checking out on the same day of arrival. The money still hasn’t been refunded.

The mayor should be ashamed of himself. As I said, I'm a New Yorker and I expect these things on the subway. Not in a hotel, where a little more than three hundred dollars were spent. This place doesn't deserve a cent of the money spent at this disaster. Please, do not let this place stop you from visiting this beautiful town. Do check in at a hotel in a neighboring town and make San German one of your destinations in the west coast. It is just as beautiful as the old San Juan, rich in culture and warm residents.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank JLC20
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I stayed there for 2 nights and 3 days on a business trip and yes the building is old, but it was SUPER clean, it needs tlc as far as remodeling but the service was one on one, the manager is a great person and did his best to make my stay a welcome one, after advising about the need to remove the rugs. What I loved most was accessing the wifi from the awesome lobby, it was hard to focus on work and ignore the beautiful original antique wood work. Its not noisy or full of the hustle and bustle you would expect being in the town, I liked it and I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank mrvelez007
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I live in PR but had to go to the west side for a family trip. Every where else was full. Did not read the reviews before I reserved the hotel did not have any choose. The hotel was dirty, the rug seem to never been clean, bedding was stain, the worst part it had cacaroches (alot). The continetal before is a lie just coffee and slide bread. No secruity at all. Front door close at 10 and then you get a key to walk in by a side gate. The parking in small and no secrutiy. To top off the rob my truck rear door the last night it was park right in front of the hotel. Do not stay hear you better off in a motel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
7  Thank Jenny_7801
Reviewed 5 July 2009

A Dump. A horrible, dirty dump. Room are disgusting. Hallways are filthy. Service is non-existent. Staff is rude. Continental breakfast is a joke: loaf of white bread in a bag, butter, bad coffee with ants in the sugar. The most disgusting place on earth.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank Fight4Right
Reviewed 11 October 2008

By trpt_man, 09/20/08
In my opinion this is a really expensive place that's not worth the call. Rooms are small, dirty and smelly. I booked the night before I got there Once there I saw the rooms bad condition I turned around and told the front clerk I was leaving. I asked if there were any penalties or charges for the cancellation and the attendant said no. They still charged the room. The next month I called and asked to speak to the manager and when I started asking her about the charge she passed the telephone and I heard her say "Oh, you deal with him" when I asked who I was speaking to she said she was a former employee and she remembered me. After about 10 minutes of trying to reason with her, I asked to speak to the manager and she did not want to take the call, I could hear her in the background. Then I was rudely told to call my bank and she just hung up

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Trpt_man
Reviewed 30 December 2007

This is a beautiful old brick building with lots of possibilities. But currently, avoid staying here if you can. The room was in pretty sad shape--even had a broken box frame on the bed.
NO HOT WATER!!! Not even after several calls. They still charged full price. Thread-bare towels. No food service but they did have a charming diningroom. Couldn't get into the wireless internet.
Best part was that it was very clean.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kibbe
0 mi away
Hostal Universitario
Hostal Universitario
#1 of 2 in San German

Been to Parador Oasis? Share your experiences!