“Nice people, lovely ambiance, a great location and very good food.”
Review of Cove Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I took my wife, daughter and daughter's sleepover guest out to the Cove Restaurant last night. Contrary to some other reviews, the service was great and rather and pretty quick considering how busy the place was. My steak was cooked perfectly, and my wife's fish (halibut) was moist and not over cooked. The kids had standard fries and chicken strips which were fine. The staff seemed to take pride in the place. At one point, the music was too loud, but before I could mention it, someone noticed and turned it down. I wish they were open more.

Full disclosure: I am from Briceland Vineyards Winery, and they carry our wine. In fact, I made a delivery last night when we came to eat. I hope it is OK to review a restaurant which serves our wine.

1  Thank Andrew M

Reviewed 9 December 2011

The Cove Restaurant is a must if you ever find yourself in Shelter Cove. The food is excellent, particularly if you love FRESH seafood like i do. My grilled seafood and home made chowder was as good as any i have ever had. My wife had steak and it was equally great. The Cove has the feel of elegant dining, while maintaining an atmosphere of a friendly small town restaurant. The view from our table of the sun setting on the pacific was just a bonus. I give The Cove Restaurant high scores for friendly service, great food, warm atmosphere with live music, and a view to die for. I will return every chance i get.

3  Thank Sam J
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My boyfriend and I were in Shelter Cove over Labor Day weekend, and felt very lucky to get a reservation on a Sunday night. It was the only restaurant open!
Atmosphere was great with live music and beautiful ocean view.
Food was average, and service was slow.
I could definitely recommend dining here for the relaxed, romantic setting.

Reviewed 11 September 2010

The place was empty, the waitress that met us at the door was unfriendly and asked if we had a reservation, when we said no she took a full minute to scratch out a "spot" on the seating chart that was completely clear and empty! After she seated us, she never returned... no water in the glasses, no bread, no attention for 15 minutes...... and "australian lobster" (must be fresh huh?) on the menu, some entrees $43 bucks.... we left before we even got water...... pass on this one, I can't believe they are actually in business.

4  Thank 5Star75
Reviewed 16 August 2010

One of the highlights of my West Coast visit! As usual when I come to this coast I look for the best salmon in a restaurant that is comfortable and has good service from engaging staff. The basil/garlic mashed potatoes and the grilled salmon w/sauteed onions, mushrooms and spinach garnish was done to perfection. The decorations of batik tablecloths, Balinese wood figures combined with GREAT views of the Lost Coast were a delightful part of our dining experience.

1  Thank MiSharona