Booked 2 nights but ended up staying an extra to relax a little more......got 2 nights/brekky/gourmet dinner on a special deal.....the Saturday night 3 course meal was nothng less than spectacular....am still talking about it to friends.....
Breakfasts were the usual selection on offer - I had a lovely bircher muesli, some fresh fruit then tried 2 different hot selections.....eggs/bacon/tuki sausages which I wasn't a fan of.....fresh OJ hit the spot....the winner for the hot dish was the white beans, chorizo, onion/tomato with added avocado....absolutely divine.....and the barrista knew how to make a good long black coffee.
The room, whilst comfy was a little disappointing (over the back) and being woken by the rubbish trucks on a Monday morning from all the bangs/clangs was pretty annoying since a nights stay isn't cheap....just another negative was the sliding louvre door continuing to either jam or come off the tracks....the king bed (2 single kings together) - well one was pretty soft and the other very firm, but then it would be difficult to get 'that perfect mattress' to suit all....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake House sits on the shores of Lake Daylesford 80 minutes from Melbourne. 35 Rooms and Suites are either in a courtyard setting or overlooking the lake shore. The 2 Chef Hat restaurant offers modern Australian cuisine paying homage to the region's excellent seasonal produce and is matched with an award winning 10,000 bottle cellar. Guests may like to have a hit of tennis followed by tea and refreshments in the tennis pavilion, a glass of wine by the open fire in the Argyle Library Bar. Given the opportunity to explore the gardens guests will come upon the Kitchen Garden, a myriad of sculptures and artwork from many of the region's top artists, extensive outdoor terraces overlooking the lake shore and established country gardens with everything from koala loved stringy barks to lilac, Daphne, quince, plum and apple trees. The Salus Day Spa is an oasis of tranquility and offers guests an indulgent way to "take to the waters" with all manner of hydrotherapy on offer. Two tree house cabins overlook Lake Daylesford and house hot mineral water tubs - bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake House Hotel Daylesford
- Lake Hotel Daylesford
- Daylesford Lakehouse
- Lake House Daylesford, Australia - Victoria