This place is marketed as a luxury spa retreat and I guess that if you're wanting to centre your entire stay around the spa 'bit' then a satisfied guest you are sure to be. Anything beyond that is likely to disappoint. The rooms are very well appointed but have a typically corporate 'feel'. Regrettably the small terrace outside the room was encased by trees/shrubbery and therefore felt quite claustrophobic - certainly no great view ! The lake itself is pleasant but very much part of the local town - not exclusive. Oddly, there was nowhere really to 'hang out' outside. Service generally was OK ; a pleasant and efficient welcome from reception ; hit and miss in the dining room - some staff were personable and friendly, others functional and somewhat robotic. The dining room environment again was pleasant but lacked any real character. The food was good. Overall an expensive 'hotel' which doesn't quite know what it's core identity really is...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake House sits on the shores of Lake Daylesford 80 minutes from Melbourne. 35 Rooms and Suites are either in a courtyard setting or overlooking the lake shore. The 2 Chef Hat restaurant offers modern Australian cuisine paying homage to the region's excellent seasonal produce and is matched with an award winning 10,000 bottle cellar. Guests may like to have a hit of tennis followed by tea and refreshments in the tennis pavilion, a glass of wine by the open fire in the Argyle Library Bar. Given the opportunity to explore the gardens guests will come upon the Kitchen Garden, a myriad of sculptures and artwork from many of the region's top artists, extensive outdoor terraces overlooking the lake shore and established country gardens with everything from koala loved stringy barks to lilac, Daphne, quince, plum and apple trees. The Salus Day Spa is an oasis of tranquility and offers guests an indulgent way to "take to the waters" with all manner of hydrotherapy on offer. Two tree house cabins overlook Lake Daylesford and house hot mineral water tubs - bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake House Hotel Daylesford
- Lake Hotel Daylesford
- Daylesford Lakehouse
- Lake House Daylesford, Australia - Victoria