“My husband's favourite place to eat in Hepburn”
Review of Rubens at Hepburn

Rubens at Hepburn
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

What's not to like, the food is good, honest, healthy food and they can accommodate any allergies with good grace and a smile. My husband has been talking about their pizzas for three years so we had to go back.

There are newer reviews for Rubens at Hepburn

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is probably the most flavoursome meal I have ever paid for. I usually don't get pasta at restaurants due to lack of taste, the Sicilian spaghetti was the best spaghetti I have eaten anywhere!

The garlic starter had more flavour than most I've had.
The wait staff always made sure we had water.

Wood fire, not too noisy, lovely wine and tasty beer made it an enjoyable night.

I know this sounds like maybe the owners have written it, but it is for real. I have never before taken the time to review a meal until now, this is a deserving compliment to Rubens.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My family is Italian, so I think I am highly qualified to judge the authenticity of an "Italian Inspired" restaurant and this one is pretty good! The food is fabulous, generous, well presented and it's always a pleasure to dine here. My favourites are the pasta marinara and try the pizzas they are wonderful. Reasonably priced with a good wine list. The service is great and not pretentious, just great country hospitality. I highly recommend a visit; remember to book ahead if it is a Friday or Saturday night. Buon appetito !

Reviewed 19 August 2014

What a great find! Simple decor but a really vibrant feel to the place. Decorated like a Spanish / Italian taverna, the food was a real Mediterranean mix, sure to satisfy everyone. There were some really unusual dishes we tried as well as the classic surf and turf and all meals were excellent. Recommend you book though as we tried on the Friday night and could not get a table so booked immediately for Saturday and could only get in at 8pm

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is not the first time that I have reviewed this restaurant but I was not as happy with this visit as my previous one. To be fair, my husband ordered a steak and was very happy with his meal however, I decided on ordering the entrée sized arancini as my main and was extremely disappointed. I found the arancini to be pretty tasteless and could only bump up the flavour by sprinkling salt over them. Even though my meal was only entrée size, I couldn't finish my meal as I found it to be too bland. I must say that the service was great but I don't think this establishment will be high on my list of places to visit again.