“What customer service?”

Rye Hotel - One Four Nelson
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rye
“What customer service?”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Nice location with a nice pool. I did find customer service to be arrogant and non negotiable. I am at a loss to explain as to how this business is run with staff who dont clean rooms properly and accuse customers of "leaving things behind" deeming the room unhygienic and keeping credit card room fee of $50 by making up ridiculous stories and keeping our money with no valid reason.Had to fight tooth and nail however management dismissed everything i said. Front of house staff being rude to customers at times. Its a shame its a nice place but i will never stay here again. False accusations. I think you need to go back to the school of management to practise customer service skills. You will never see a cent from me ever again!!

1 Thank Kosta M
Gail M, Manager at Rye Hotel - One Four Nelson, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Good afternoon Kosta,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. However, I am unable to locate your reservation on our system without a surname and ask that you supply the date of your stay to enable me to respond to your comments fully. I await your response.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here with my wife and 2 children on the 28/12/2013
I had fond memories of this place from previous stays.
But I was terribly disappointed this time round.
The rooms weren’t as clean; the pool area was absolutely shocking, not just full of debris but spider webs all over the posts and bird droppings all over the furniture.
I had my 2year old opening both front and back doors, when I asked reception for a key to lock the back door? I was told that they don’t have one?
I thought this was unacceptable. When I asked how was I supposed to secure the room to contain my 2 year old, they told me to learn how to control my child!
I stayed there for 2 hours and thought this is just too big a risk to take with my child being able to escape the room. So we left after stressing our concerns.
The service we received was disgusting, rather than trying to understand the situation they were more concerned with telling us you will not receive a refund!
We didn’t even ask for one? We were more concerned with our children’s safety!
Not worth the money!
Parents Beware!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Gail M, Manager at Rye Hotel - One Four Nelson, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Tony,
As your review has been previously responded to on the Best Western Medallia site early January we are amazed that you continue to post another review.
As mentioned previously, our facilities meet all safety requirements and we have in place all necessary levels of privacy. As you were aware when booking, your room is designed to accommodate 2 adults, and on request we can provide a sofa bed for one or two children under the age of 10, which was provided. Due to fire regulations within the industry, dead locks are not permitted on doors, and the responsibility for children's safety lies with the parents at all times. Your comments regarding the pool are quite unfair given that it is an outdoor pool and a severe wind storm came through the area at around 3pm, which lasted well into the night. Naturally, leaves and debris will travel under these circumstances. Our records show your time of arrival was 3.22pm and your check out time was 8.19pm which was of course during that time frame. We hope that this matter will now be put to rest.
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

....VERY expensive for what it is. It is not a resort

We stayed the Australia Day long weekend (2 nights) in the king suite at $270 a night WITHOUT breakfast. We pay much less than that for suites in 5 star hotels. I pay way less that this as the Westin, Sheraton, Nikko or Hyatt (or Port Douglas).

It would have rated higher except for the cost.

THE GOOD
1 Nice big room
2 Comfy couch
3 Comfy bed
4 Great location
5 Nice pool although a bit short
6 Clean modern bathroom

THE BAD
- Lots of people smoke near the pool area making it stinky and gross esp for asthmatics like me
- Noisy
- The iron was broken so it sent calcified water onto my pants
- No breakfast
- Limited parking

It's a nice hotel and very pleasant. Would I stay here again? Perhaps. I'd just have to downgrade my expectations. The cost is a big negative

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Miloandme
Gail M, Manager at Rye Hotel - One Four Nelson, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Hello Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to also post this review on Trip Advisor and alerting us to the iron, which has now been replaced. As mentioned previously, smoking is allowed on outside areas of the complex and I am sorry this was disturbing for you. We do hope you visit us again and have a more pleasant experience.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Excellent location for food and right on the beach, near the pier. Everything was clean and the pool and spa were warm. Rouge was about a 400m walk and served fantastic seafood and tapas. There is a noise restriction rule after 11pm

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Gail M, Manager at Rye Hotel - One Four Nelson, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we hope you will visit us again some time soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night to go to the Hot Springs and have a relaxing weekend. In the morning we thought someone was having a fight outside our bedroom door but it was the two women working in the laundry swearing their heads off and talking about inappropriate stories from the night before .

The room was ok. Not worth the price though. It's in a good location to walk to Rye foreshore. An overnight stay is bearable. Would I stay there again? Probably not.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
On behalf of Best Western One Four Nelson I would like to apologise for the inappropriate language and behavior of the staff in the laundry area during your stay. This is unacceptable behavior and will be dealt with accordingly. I take this opportunity to also thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor as it helps us identify areas that can be improved upon. We hope that you will try us again and have a more pleasant stay.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stay in Rye, you get better a choice of accommodations than in Sorrento. We were impressed with this Best Western right from the warm reception to the luxurious suites on the upper storey with a leafy view of their outdoor swimming pool.

The breakfast deal was great because we could choose a big hot breakfast in a full-service restaurant adjacent to the property and Rye turned out to be a nice little seaside town, close enough to the car ferry in Sorrento (we were stopping 1 night enroute to Queenscliff and the Great Ocean Road). We managed to fit in a little afternoon road trip to nearby Cape Schanck and it helped that the early summer weather was perfect (no heatwave during our holiday).

I found the bathroom a little too futuristic with its swivelling glass door; it was a little stiff and set quite close to the tiled floor which tends to entrap the floormat if one is not mindful enough. Otherwise everything else was near perfect !

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper level, overlooking the pool for a private view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Gail M, Manager at Rye Hotel - One Four Nelson, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Kool Tan,
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us identify areas that can be improved upon. We look forward to welcoming you again to Best Western One Four Nelson.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This place is just beautiful. Everything was perfect and Gail and Helen were just so lovely and very helpful. The location is perfect and being right next to the the Rye Hotel was very handy too. Thank you to all the staff. Definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014
Gail M, Manager at Rye Hotel - One Four Nelson, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Good morning Max,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate all feedback and your kind words are very much appreciated, which I shall pass on to Helen and others in our area. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rye
Moonlight Bay Apartments
Sorrento Beach Motel
Sorrento Beach Motel
#1 of 2 in Sorrento
Weeroona Bed & Breakfast

Been to Rye Hotel - One Four Nelson? Share your experiences!