“That's how you cook duck!!”

Pagoda Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Atherton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“That's how you cook duck!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The chilli plum duck was amazing as was the combination chow mein and the black bean beef! Service was great too. However, I'm sorry to say, that's not how fried rice is done. No wok taste to it, i don't even think it was fried. I will be back for that sick again though!!

• Visited July 2014
Thank gibbut1 .

Atherton, Australia
“Authentic yet Westernised”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have eaten food from the Pagoda both eat in and take away and both experiences were lovely.
Dine is prices are a little hefty i found, (quite a jump then take away prices) However the food, the staff and the ambiance of the resteraunt were great!

The food is just your usual westernised Chinese cuisine, however it is done very well and compared to other asian food places in the area, is wonderful.

If in the area I would recommend it, however if you are watching your penny's take away might be an idea.

Visited April 2014
Innisfail, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“delicious chinese food”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

we had a fabulous night out at the pagoda restaurant. it was a full house but the sevice and food was excellent. will definitely come back next time we're in town.

1 Thank Anne-louise B
Melbourne, Australia
“Average all the way”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Average food, nothing I had I thought was much. It thought it lacked flavour. They had a nice section for children The service is good.

• Visited September 2013
Cairns, Australia
“Was worth the wait”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were heading up to Atherton for the weekend to watch my son play cricket on the Sunday. On many previous occasions when visiting the tablenads I had been out voted by the family on where we would have dinner etc. This time I put my foot down and prevailed and I'm so glad I did. On arrival, the restaurant was literally packed to the brim. There was not one spair seat or table available. I was obviously glad that I had booked. I was originally thinking that it was going too be a long night due to the amount of diners. But I was surprised, the service was both efficient and friendly. The break between meals was perfect as we were happily chatting between ourselves. The food was excellent, I recommend any sizzling dish. It was tasty and enjoyable. In my humble opinion it wasn't the best chinese meal I have had but it was bloody well up there.

Would I go back again? Definitely.

• Visited September 2013