“"TERRIBLE" (not the word I would use) !!!”
Review of Shakespeare Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barcaldine
Shakespeare Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Barcaldine
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“"TERRIBLE" (not the word I would use) !!!”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Decided to stay at this hotel in December 2012 based on reviews I had read. Hotel has obviously changed ownership (for the worse it seems) as the old people running it were "RUDE" and completely clueless when it came to hospitality !!! The old lady we spoke to behind the bar had obviously never worked in hotels before ???? Locals were quick to advise us that the roof upstairs was collapsing ???? Suggest if your thinking of staying somewhere in Barcaldine - STAY AWAY from the Shakespeare Hotel :(

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank D P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sydney
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Upon checking out, staff warmly enquire if I had a good rest, and then insisted carrying my luggage to the railway station for me. Realizing I was an hour early in the railway station, i went back and asked tentatively if I could perhaps have a cup of tea, they gave me a light breakfast of orange juice and cereal. Genuinely warm people and clean place. Free wireless. Good value.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Mount Isa
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I stayed overnight at this Hotel and found the whole deal absolutely faultless from quality to cleanliness to friendliness to service. I Would thoroughly recommend it to anyone, as a matter of fact my wife and I will probably be staying there this Thursday night 25th Feb 2010 on our way south from Mount Isa.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank hofy99
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We stopped in Barcaldine on a road trip and found great accommodation at this hotel. It had just been taken over by new owners who were lovely to talk to and really helpful.

It is simple pub accommodation, but with very comfy beds and very clean rooms. Lovely old style queenslander balcony running around the entire second floor - beautiful to sit out with a beer. Shared toilet facilities were old but clean, and we had a nice (but simple) pub meal downstairs.

Good place to stay if you are happy for shared bathroom facilities, but for a bargain price.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple