Landsborough Lodge Motel
  • Pool
Shakespeare Hotel(Barcaldine)
View Hotel
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstayed hereour room was spaciousplace to stayhome stylefree wififoxtel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

Spent a night here after over 1000km drive. Helpful and Friendly reception lady, spacious and clean room, Foxtel movie, free wifi, hot shower, comfy bed. Can't ask for more in QLD outback! Will definitely come back and highly recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Chapel_Cat
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at this great Motel in Barcaldine. Room was spacious and comfortable with everything I needed. My room service meals were delicious, fresh and delivered piping hot on time. Looove the Garlic Prawns ! I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mistymoonglow
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I Stay Here Quiet Regularly,And I Must Say From My Very First Stay I Have Always Felt Welcome.
The Meals Are Great ,The Staff Have Always Been Polite And Very Obliging (Thanks Dave , Michelle And Cheree)
The Rooms Are Very Comfortable And Spacious A Very Welcome Site After A long Day.

Thanks Guys And Keep Up The Good Work

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Shane H
Reviewed 1 March 2013

A nice (surprisingly) quiet location on the road into town. The rooms are spacious with a homely feel. They are clean and well kept. A couple of geckos had taken up residence in my room, but they didn't bother me. The reception staff are friendly and helpful.

The décor is ageing and a touch dated. The artwork on the walls is unfortunately straight out tacky. The lighting is a bit dim in the main bedroom. The bathroom is basic, but clean. The supplied soaps etc are good for a small motel out west.

The rooms have both an airconditioner and ceiling fan. Unfortunately the airconditioner is anything but quiet (and had controls that were downright odd - the "cool" setting tried to keep the room at a certain temperature (and the thermostat was hopeless so it completely failed to cool) whereas the "auto" setting tried its best to just keep on pumping out cold air - with great success)).

The mattress seemed pleasant enough, but I invariably awoke with a stiff neck.
The pillows were a bit too soft and flat (but probably typical of hotel pillows).

Undercover parking was available (invaluable in summer). A nice place, but it could do with a bit of a facelift.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank OchreSilence
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I was staying at the Landsborough Lodge whilst working locally and it was a comfort to return to my spacious and clean comfortable room. Michelle and Dave and their daughter Sheree were truly kind and helpful. Nothing was a problem including my dietary requirements. The grilled fish was fresh and perfectly cooked and the garlic prawns to die for! Im a big eater and the portions left me completely satiated and without the feeling of regret that one has when eating frozen deep fried stodge that so many other restaurants offer most of the time.
Accessibility and parking was great and I felt that myself and my belongings safe and secure.
I truly recommend the Landsborough as an ideal value for money place to stay.
Harriet (female plant operator)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business