“Wonderful food, luxurious accommodation and gracious hosts”

The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boonah
Reviewed 21 May 2012

not to mention the absolutely spectacular view !!- I admit I was a little sceptical when we drove up this little dirt track to reach the Bunyip Resort but when I got there I and saw the Great Common Room with its fireplace and comfy leather couches, the pool, the 4 apartments and the view, I thought WOW! All four apartments are simply and luxuriously appointed with the bedroom and bath on a mezzanine floor and all face out to the breathtaking view of the mountains of the Scenic Rim (to my mind, best enjoyed in the early morning and evening). The architecture allows you to take full advantage of the view where ever you are in the apartment with a complete wall of glass on the side facing the mountains and a remote operated shade that moves up or down the window as far as you want.
Rob and Marina are gracious and talented hosts. The food was amazing with home cooked gourmet taste and 5 star restaurant presentation. Relaxing in the sun on the patio for breakfast was wonderful but I also highly recommend booking dinner with them as well. You won't be disappointed. Bunyip Resort was a wonderful find and a great place to share a weekend getaway with friends.!

Room Tip: All apartments have the same fantastic view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We are seasoned travellers - SPECTACULAR is an understatement to describe; Bunyip Resort rooms, the hospitality, the food and of course,  the gliding adventure.

There are pleasures at every moment at Bunyip resort that take your breath way -it is heaven.

The vision and the combined talents of Rob and Marina is undeniably the success of the Resort

Thank you, we had the most amazing break with you and our friends.  Once is not enough we all will be back.
John and Karen W

Room Tip: Every room gets a spectacular view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My partner and I have been to multiple places for getaways, and I have to say, there isn't any place that could replace this. We both wished we found this place sooner. The hospitality that Rob and Marina provided was simply the best we had. When we arrived, we were speechless at the views. We could see the stunning sunset from our room. We had a cup of coffee, just sitting outside our apartment admiring the sunset and the scenery.
The food that was prepared and cook was way beyond our expectations. I dare you to challenge them with any food requests, and I'm sure they will definitely deliver. Breakfast was served out in the open, allowing us to soak in the morning sun and scenery.
The place is just so peaceful that we couldn't bear to leave. We have planned to return in the upcoming July and to bring our parents in the end of the year.

Be warned though, the place gets booked fast. So act fast!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have stayed at a number of hosted accommodations but have to say that the Bunyip was by far the most comfortable and luxurious I have ever stayed in. The accommodation was fantastic - modern, spacious and private. The location and views were stunning. The gourmet food was the best I have had in a long time - best steak I ever had. However what I think makes the experience most magical is Marina and Rob. As hosts they could not do enough for us but were never intrusive. This is a real balancing act which they have down to a fine art. I cannot wait until we can go back again - I have raved to everyone about and I am sure that they will enjoy their time there as much as we have. Like I said before - MAGICAL!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I have been remiss in not writing this review earlier. This is a beautiful place to stay ... right on our doorstep. Accommodation is modern, spacious and extremely comfortable. Rob and Marina were great hosts. We could only stay one night at short notice and Rob was happy for us to do that though two nights is the usual... we were very thankful as we could only get away for one night but wanted to find a peaceful and relaxing location without having to drive too far. Definitely luxury. Breakfast was amazing cooked to order by Rob... felt like our own private chef. The Bunyip won't disappoint.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We only had one night at Bunyip as it was a rare night away from the babies. Cannot recommend it highly enough. Go, you won't be disappointed!!! The food was A1 and I highly recommend you get a massage from Marina. The ozone pool was devine so make sure you take a dip. Thanks Rob and Marina - if I had to take time away from my babies am glad I was smart enough to book with you :-)

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Unbeatable views, gourmet food and luxury accomodation incuding an outdoor pool, all to die for. This was our 2nd stay at The Bunyip and in spite of inclement weather we loved our time with Rob, Marina and Riley the beautiful red setter just as much. Needless to say we will be back again very soon to enjoy a touch of paradise and an escape from it all. Thanks Rob and Marina for one of the most lovely accmmodatis I have stayed in for a long while.

Room Tip: All rooms are equaly good we have now tried 2 out of 4 and look forward to them all!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonah
Spring Creek Mountain Cafe and Cottages
Spicers Peak Lodge
#1 of 3 in Maryvale
Wiss House Bed and Breakfast
The Old Church Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort? Share your experiences!