“A country getway that is stylish!”

The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boonah
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Last week we escaped the city for three nights and we loved every moment of it. We were on our honeymoon and wanted to do nothing but relax and that is what we did. Rob and Marina are friendly, fabulous hosts and know exactly how to make a great country getaway stylish. The view is breathtaking, the resort is gorgeous and comfortable, and the food is amazing. Marina even bakes muffins each morning that are absolutely delicious! We stayed in Spring time and loved watching the sun go down in 30 degree heat whilst sitting outside with a beer or wine but we have been told Winter is very popular as you get cosy inside on the leather couches by the fire with a red wine. Sounds divine.

We also visited the Darling Downs Zoo which has lions, tigers and a heap load of different monkeys, all of which you are quite close to which I found amazing. We went to the vineyard with the lavender and again we were not disappointed. Even though you are in the country we still experienced the lavish life but with the most amazing view where ever we went.

The Bunyip is a must if you are looking to get away for a few nights. We are very happy we choose to stay here :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney M

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have been meaning to write this review for sometime now and have finally made myself sit down and do it. My partner and I visited The Bunyip a couple of months ago and stayed two nights. It was the most exquisite getaway I've ever had. From the moment we arrived Rob and Marina made us feel welcomed, relaxed and comfortable. Throughout our stay they were both present and attentive but also discreet and not intrusive.

On the Saturday evening all of the couples decided to join tables in the Great Hall for dinner. This was so much fun and we had such a wonderful evening with lots if conversation and laughter. We were fortunate that the other couples at the Bunyip were all wonderful people and so easy to get along with, we were all there for relaxation and romance but also happy to socialise and converse.

The Bunyip is perfectly priced and worth every single cent for the beautiful food, accommodation, position and service. Both Rob and Marina are phenomenal hosts and the food they cook is better than any restaurant I've been to!

When I booked Rob convinced me to stay two nights as opposed to just the one and I am so grateful he did. Highly recommend the two nights, this allows you to really settle in and wind down...I wish we could have strayed three!

Thank you to Rob and Marina for the most memorable, honest, caring and refreshing getaway I've ever had! Book at The Bunyip you'll never regret it!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GDGN13
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Other guest responses did not prepare my husband and I for the experience and service we received. Individual white linen table service at dinner- no more than 4 couples for the whole resort. A 3 course meal that you would expect at a top restaurant in the city. The hosts Rob and Marina were attentive but not intrusive. Rob's idea for the Bunyip is that the guests are given top service but also privacy. Breakfast on the terrace of the Great Room was excellent, beginning with fresh orange juice and a fruit platter and ended in a broad selection of a cooked meal. The coffee was also divine. The apartment was modern and appointed with taste. I haven't mentioned the view!! Unbelievable. Clear skies gave us a great view of the sunset. We would love to return for another break away. Well done Rob and Marina.
Soleil

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth e
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed the Saturday nights for our 1 year anniversary and it was everything we could have hoped for. The view was magnificent, the rooms were modern, clean and well appointed, and the food was fantastic. We recommend you choose the Dinner and Breakfast option!

Marina and Rob (the owners) were extremely friendly and always happy to help. We definitely plan to go back at some point.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tassos B
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

We've just come back from two nights at The Bunyip, what a perfect way to unwind in just a weekend. The accommodation is just beautiful, extra comfortable king bed and pillows with a view over the mountains. We had dinner both nights in the Great Hall, Rob and Marina cooked up the most delicious meals. Not having to even contemplate what to choose from a menu and the limited number of other guests just added to the relaxation. The bonfire out on the lawn was special surrounded by all the stars. We will be back as soon as possible!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank AD27LD
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights in mid July and I must say I am very impressed with this place. I have stayed at other niche resorts before but this is by far the best I have stayed at. Not only was the place simply fantastic but the food Rob and Marina served up at breakfast and dinner was simply divine. I highly recommend anyone who is looking for a romantic getaway to visit The Bunyip.

Room Tip: I'd definitely opt for having dinner the Bunyip. The food is simply divine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Henry W
TheBunyipRob, Owner at The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

It's a pleasure to have couples share their engagement celebration with us at The Bunyip. Good Luck Henry!

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the resort thoroughly. 5 star accommodation with spectacular views. The hospitality offered by the hosts is excellent. Highly recommended!

We had the 3 course dinner both nights on offer and the food, like the accomadation, is 5 star quality. We have never stayed in the country before, but will definitely return.

Craig and Pamela

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Craig05
TheBunyipRob, Owner at The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

It was indeed a special weekend. You guys "the newly weds" - M&L on their 41st wedding anniversary - H&J got engaged on Saturday night - M&A on their late babymoon and J&S just chillin... It is a pleasure for Marina and I to share little bits of your lives. Thankyou

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonah
Spring Creek Mountain Cafe and Cottages
#3 of 3 in Boonah
Annalee Motel
Annalee Motel
#2 of 3 in Beaudesert

Been to The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort? Share your experiences!