“Amazing break just an hour from Brisbane”

The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boonah
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I arranged to take my partner to The Bunyip for a relaxing weekend away and relaxing is certainly what it was! I have travelled all over the world and can usually find some part of my trip that I am not 100% happy with (i'm very hard to please lol), however, this was not the case with The Bunyip! From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome...Marina greeted us at the door and promptly showed us to our room (which was cosy and warm despite the cold and wet weather outside). I had mentioned to her husband, Rob, that we would be arriving fairly late and he had remembered that I had said we would possibly like a snack when we arrived. They offered to make us a steak sandwich and even offered to bring it to our room if we wanted. We decided to eat in The Great Room and after finishing our delicious snack, sat by the roaring log fire with a bottle of wine. The following day we had a divine breakfast (my partner said Marina made the best blueberry muffins he has ever eaten!) and then headed out for a little exploration of the area. We had booked in for massages with Marina that afternoon so were back in time for for those (which were also amazing!). Saturday night's dinner was once again DELICIOUS and we finished off the evening sitting in front of the fire with a bottle of wine (or was that two?!). The whole experience at The Bunyip was fantastic; if you're looking for a relaxing or romantic short break this is the place to go. I am in two minds about writing this review as I will definitely be going back to The bunyip and want to keep it a secret so I don't have to wait too long for a booking but like I always say "sharing is caring" :-)

Room Tip: From what I could tell all rooms were of a very high quality and are all located near each other.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2014

After a superb dinner prepared by Rob & Marina, we were lucky enough to have a clear night for our observations of the Milky Way through Rob's amazingly powerful telescope.It was a unique experience.
The apartments are well designed & immaculately maintained. The food is way too tempting. Rob & Marina have created a very special intimate getaway which provides accommodation & dining of a high standard.
We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at the Bunyip resort to celebrate a friend's birthday and look forward to returning as it is only an hour's drive from Brisbane

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dunmar9
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Rob and Marina, you've created a perfect retreat which my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed.

I've never written a review for any resort or hotel before but our experience at Bunyip prompted me to write this for you.

With an easy hour drive from Brissie we drove up the country road to be greeted by the happy, grazing cows and a spectacular view! We raced out to make sure we captured the sunset over the mountains (we saw the photos on trip advisor and didn't want to miss out)! The photos looked great but don't do it justice. It was beautiful. Has to be seen to be fully appreciated. The best sunset I've witnessed that wasn't over the water!

The resort is extremely clean, modern and luxuriously furnished, even down to the designer throws you can cuddle up in by the fire.

Rob and Marina cooked up a dinner that was incredible. Jamie Oliver's name came up as a side joke, but I've eaten at one if his restaurants and if given the choice I'd run back to Rob and Marina's kitchen any day! Not exaggerating.

With it being a smaller resort catering for only a few guests at a time, it made our romantic weekend away a lot more private and with a more personal and accommodating feel.

Waking up to a view that is unlike any other from your bed, it makes the morning after having a few wines easier to roll out of the comfy beds! And talking about a view... You don't even miss out on it when you're having a shower! Without it feeling like you're at all exposed, it is a lovely touch to the design of the rooms.

The little things we appreciated was the Nespresso machine in the room and the kettle that has a setting to heat the water suitable for green tea! Might not seem like much but those things make it a lot easier to be away from your normality of home especially for an avid green tea drinker.

We were lucky enough to snag a room at short notice for the one night. Almost moved our flight back home so we could stay another night, just didn't want to leave!

If you're looking for somewhere near Brisbane or the Gold Coast you won't be disappointed staying with Rob and Marina!

Thankyou again guys, we will see you again as soon as we can get back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Really don't know what one can add to all of the other "spot on" reviews about this place. It truely is scumptious in every way. The rooms are really lovely, the views are spectacular, the Great room is so much more than it's name, oh and by the way the food was super and good enough to rival some of the best resturants.
From a purely selfish point of view we were lucky enough to have the whole place to ourselves one of the nights that we're were there, which was absolutely FANTASTIC. Rob and Marina are the perfect hosts, not sure which one of them is the best cook as they are both excellent and are more than happy to share their culinary secrets.
The weather was varied while we were there which only added to whole experience, sipping Champagne outside the Great room in the glorious sunshine one day marvelling at the view then watching the thick mist clear the next, once again revelling the breath taking views. I can't recommend this place highly enough and is more than fitting for any special occassion or just because. By the way Marina does a great masage! Thanks Marina and Rob, we will definately return.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have been to many B & B Resorts, this one top's the lot. Rob and Marina are just lovely so is the food & accommodation. All I can say if any one complains about anything they don't appreciate a FANTASTIC Resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TheBunyipRob, Owner at The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

The Bunyip celebrated four years last week and Marina and I can truly say that we have enjoyed the company of our guests. Amanda your warm comments and those of all our guests whether on TripAdvisor or in person are very much appreciated.
I haven't responded to every TripAdvisor review only because I'm not sure what to say.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

A hidden gem !!!
Hosts Rob and Marina provide a secluded relaxing getaway among the trees. Superb food, ambience and facilities. Accommodation is first class, modern and very clean. Rob and Marina will cater for all dietary requirements.
Rodney and Jo Vickers

Room Tip: There are only four rooms ... So book !!!
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Cannot rave about this place enough, we have stayed here 2 times and both times our stay was amazing. It is an ideal place to go and simply relax. The rooms are lovely and the view is breath taking. Rob and Marina are so lovely and always make us feel welcome. Highly recommend you have dinner there also, the food is amazing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonah
Spring Creek Mountain Cafe and Cottages
Wiss House Bed and Breakfast
Spicers Hidden Vale
Spicers Hidden Vale
#1 of 1 in Grandchester

Been to The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort? Share your experiences!