Bluewater Harbour Motel
The Pearly Shell Motel(Bowen)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$76
Ocean View Motel(Bowen)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$100
US$74
  • Pool
US$100
at Marina Shores(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$147
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsstayed hereblue waterbusiness tripappointed roomsgood sizeplace to staycoffee makerthe gold coastnext morningthe main streetundercover parkingeverything you could possibly needbedroom unitlong driveclose to townhome away from homedefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This was a terrific find. Decided to spend the night in Bowen. I walked into the driveway where I was meet by Kim. He showed me a room and gave me an upgrade. The room was very comfortable with a lovely chair to sit in. Kim told us where to go for our evening meal. He also gave us a special deal for breakfast. In the morning we went to the dinning room where Kim cooked us a terrific breakfast. I can recommend this motel it was very clean and comfortable and the service was exception.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
188Kimbo, Owner at Bluewater Harbour Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Hi Lesley,
Yes Bowen is heaven and we love great visits from happy people who are enjoying there stay here with us.
Thanks for being such great guests and for appreciating the little things that we do for all of our guests.
We really do enjoy owning the motel and yes I do love cooking breakfast for people here in our dinning room.
From last week I am back doing our evening meals. I am no master chef but our meals are healthy and good value.
Yes I do get the middle of the day off work and that gives me the time for the beach and fishing.
Kimberley looks after the day to day motel and Deb and I are enjoying our semi retirement.
Hope to see you again soon.
Many Thanks,
Kim and Debbie Dale and Kimberley Rigley.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

A fabulous find thanks to Trip Advisor! Fantastic size room and really clean. We had a very comfortable nights sleep in a quiet area. The bathroom was also spacious and clean. The after dinner mints on the bed were a pleasant surprise! We will definitely stay again when in town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank robelle d
188Kimbo, Owner at Bluewater Harbour Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hi Robelle D,
When I am travelling I always use Trip Advisor. It is a great service and it will get better as more of us get into using it.
I like its simplicity. I really like to confirm to Restaurants and Motels when we have had outstanding service from the staff and good value for money.
The Dinner Mints that we leave in the rooms for our clients are 'Deadly' good hey.
Yes I had to test try many types of mints before we found this brand and they go so well with the filter coffee that we supply to all of our rooms.
Debbie and I looked at buying an existing motel but we found that all of the older places had really small room sizes so in the end we decided to build our motel ourselves designed by Debbie to suit what we had found worked really well in the better places that we had stayed at.
Many Thanks Guys,
Kimberley , Kim and Debbie.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed here for business for one night. Room is large very modern and clean, nice courtyard. Great location, can walk to Harbour and town. Staff are very friendly and two complimentary beers on arrival was a very nice touch. There was also after dinner mints on the bed. Very comfortable stay and will return.

Room Tip: Get a business class room for the courtyard
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cdchiken
188Kimbo, Owner at Bluewater Harbour Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Whoa what a nice review.
Our location is ideal being so close to the harbour and the town centre.
We do work hard at providing great service to the business travellers .
Bowen is such a pretty place with so much in this Front Beach and Town centre area but we also have nine other beautiful beaches none of them far away.
Bowen now has some great eateries like the Yacht Club on the harbour.
Thanks CDCHICKEN,
Hope to see you back here in Bowen.
Kimberley, Debbie and Kim.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Thanks for the great hospitality and great brekkie , would recommend to any business or family traveller. Nice and quiet location, well priced for a fair deal. Staff very to deal with both on the phone and face to face. Nice touch of the mint chocolate on the pillow to cleanse the Palette before bed

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
188Kimbo, Owner at Bluewater Harbour Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thanks Happy Golfer,
Yes the Chocolates are DEADLY HEY.
I really work hard at providing an exceptional breakfast.
I cook everything fresh. Don't you hate getting served food that was cooked a hour or so earlier.
Breakfast is my job as I believe that the morning is the bet part of the day.
It also gives to me time that I can spend talking to our customers in a relaxed atmosphere.
And I like brewing coffee and love to have people surprised at how good it is and how it helps to get people going in the early morning.
I start serving at 6am and I am happy to share a coffee with you.
Cheers and Thanks,
Kim Dale.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Extremely comfortable motel with well appointed generously sized rooms. Excellent value for money. I have travelled frequently for many years and this is the most outstanding motel I have stayed in.

The weather at this time of the year in northern Queensland is mostly excellent and this weekend was exceptionally so. Beautiful blue sky's with warm days and pleasant nights. I found the towns people to be very friendly and helpful. A very picturesque part of the northern Queensland coast.

Very friendly host and staff who put in the extra effort to make a stay memorable for all the right reasons.

I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
188Kimbo, Owner at Bluewater Harbour Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Hi Neil ,
Didn't we have a great weekend.
Bowen had never hosted a round of the Super-Boat racing so what a success for the first one.
The whole town got together to help the event and all of the feedback has been terrific.
Its not confirmed yet but we are hoping that the super-Boat racing will come here every year from now on.
Anybody who gets a chance should try to come and have a look even if you just come for the main racing on the Sunday of the event.
Thanks for the review Neill and your great pics of one of our new BBQ areas.
Kim Dale