“Superb Location on the beach”

Beachside Holiday Units
Ranked #5 of 5 Bowen B&B and Inns
Home Hill, Queensland, Australia
“Superb Location on the beach”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed two nights in a 2 bedroom ocean view unit. Shame there was no supervisor or owner on property. Guests parked their cars in garden not carpark. This place just needs a little extra attention to make it top notch. I would stay again. Second bedroom just a long narrow room, two single beds end to end with no fittings, bedside tables, lamps etc. Stayed in upstairs room with balcony. Great views.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed here for a week. My husband, myself and 14 year old son. The beach is lovely relaxing entertainment. On the right tide you can see amazing beach side creatures. Walk to the local Chinese restaurant. Is on the local town bus service route.

Fishing was also easy to do off the rocks near by and some great walking paths for the adventurous and the not so adventurous.
Rooms were clean, although setup was a bit quirky for the bedroom for my son. More like a bit of the room partitioned off.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MrsMackMooneePonds
Leeds
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I have recently stayed at this establishment. The only advise I can offer is that if you are looking for a bare minimum basic accommodation, then you can’t go wrong. Honestly I was surprised at how basic this room was, considering it being such a tourist location.

It is functional, but do not expect any creature comforts. I would look somewhere else should I return to Bowen.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank allup01
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We spent a beautiful week last August 2012; the place is really peaceful, just in front of the beach; the swimminpool was closed but it was so lovely to watch so many different types of birds coming in the afternoon drinking water, they made an authentical "aussie" concert!

George, the staff manager, was very kind and helpful and we really enjoyed his company and professional attitude.

We had a great time and hope to go back there soon!

An Italian couple

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlessiaozC
Lapstone
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My studio room was clean and reasonably comfortable and roomy and up to my expectations for the price paid. The view to the beach is mainly obstructed though by the tropical vegetation. I would rate the rooms as 3 and a half star. Comfortable bed, quiet location, but the beach itself was a big disappointment. The property too is quite some distance away from the township of Bowen and not so close to restaurants and shops. You would need a car to get around. I wasn't really overjoyed with the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ShepLapstone
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I chose to stay as I wanted to be close to the beach to relax after work while I had business in Bowen. Phil was very helpful and accommodating with anything I needed. I am booking in to stay there on my return trip next week.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view because you actually do get one!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TerryandMark D
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2012

While planning our family roadtrip I contacted Phil about his accomodation in Airlie Beach and Bowen. He was so helpful and gave us some really useful advice about our trip. We decided to book his beach front apartment for 4 nights in Bowen. The unit was lovely, very clean and comfortable, beautiful grounds and right on the beach front. It was as if it was our own private beach. I have four kids and they loved there time at Bowen. If we weren't on the beach, snorkelling, fishing or walking one of the many walking tracks, the kids were in the pool whilst my husband and i relaxed on a sunlounger enjoying the peace and beauty of the place. Value for money I could not recommend this place more. Brilliant holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family