“Eerie, fascinating, amazing” 4 of 5 bubbles

US$147.37*
and up
Cape Tribulation and Daintree Rainforest Day Trip from Cairns or Port Douglas
More attraction details
Owner description: jungle bugs and butterflies
Melbourne, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Eerie, fascinating, amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I never thought that I would visit an insect museum. And yet, here I was parting with my hard earned dollars to see a whole museum of creepy-crawlies. I was not disappointed! The layout of the museum gave you a fascinating look into the world of entomology and showed the dazzling display of colours and shapes of the insect species. We also saw enormous stick insects and beautiful butterflies. It is an odd place to visit and strangely worth it.

1 Thank algrant13

Bendigo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very interesting place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed this place. It was very interesting with lots of different species of both butterflies and bugs. It was a great story of how the museum all started and where all the bugs came from. Unfortunately there was not much information about the bugs. It is worth visiting.

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Only for bug/butterfly lovers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I'm not a massive fan of bugs(my partner is), so i went begrudgingly.
I was a bit hesitant considering the small size from the outside, but I learnt a few new things and really enjoyed the butterflies. They are from all over the world and very colourful.
We also saw some week old stick insects and learnt about the pandanus peppermint insects.
The lady is very welcoming and helpful also.

You have to remember, this is a private collection so the original owner spent a lot of time to collect and build this.
Its great if you like bugs and butterflies!

Bega
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“fantastic collection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Absolutely mind-boggling collection of insects and butterflies - yes pinned and catalogued! There were also some live stick insects and leaf insects and peppermint stick insects which we had never seen before. Woman working there was friendly and quite knowledgeable. Person who set up museum no longer works there.

Visited June 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great for bug enthusiasts but not if you like your bugs alive!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was recommended to us as a great place to see bugs and butterflies. Having wondered at the butterflies we had seen I was excited to think we could go to a 'bug house' and see them all up close etc. but I was thinking of them being alive......I did not realise that this museum has lots of dead, pinned and catalogued bugs etc. great if you like that, and I probably got the wrong end of the stick - but it wasn't for us. We were shown some live stick insects and bird eating spiders - but then on to the museum which I personally did not enjoy. Doesn't mean that it's wrong for everyone though!

Visited May 2014