“A total waste of time and money”

Jungle Adventures Night Walk
More attraction details
Owner description: The early bird may get the worm, but in the rainforest, night owls have all the fun. Meet the Daintree’s fascinating nocturnal locals in the largest, nartural open-air exhibit you’ve ever seen. A Jurassic world where snakes and sleeping birds, bats and bandicoots, spiders, insects and dragons skulk in the shadows. Join the night shift with our two-hour guided walk, leaving at 7:30pm from Cape Tribulation. Bookings Essential.
Bath, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A total waste of time and money”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We did a night time jungle walk with this company organised through PK’s. This was expensive and really was just a walk in the forest after dark. If you tried to stop to look for wildlife you got left behind. My wife spotted the only 2 animals (a snake and a lizard) that we saw in the 1.5 hour walk. The guide simply led the way and told some scripted stories about the trees and the flora. I gather that the night walk from the Crocodylus Village Hostel is meant to be good but we didn’t try that one. Just don’t waste your time and money on this one.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank D N

• Hebrew first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“disappointing”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

There were 12 people on this walk, one experienced guide and one guide-in-training. This was simply too many people. When they did spot any wildlife (spiders, toads and small reptiles) it was sometimes difficult for everybody to see the creature and to take photos due to the number of us. And as you walked along (generally in single file) if you weren't next to a guide you missed out on stuff they were saying (the experienced guide was very knowledgeable).
I don't see any massive advantage of doing this walk at night, I suspect the main reason they do it at night is cos they are busy with their jungle surfing business etc in the daytime!
I preferred walking (guided or unguided, doesn't matter) in the daytime where you can see all the colours and the sun streaming though the trees etc and I think it's easier to spot and photograph wildlife etc.
I'm not personally against killing animals - I eat meat, i squash insects that are in my flying in my face or whatever - but I was surprised when they took pleasure in whacking a toad against a tree to kill it in the presence of my vegetarian friend (and possibly others) who were too shy to protest. I appreciate that the toad is a pest to many other species but still poor judgement I think!
The tour was OK but I felt for $40 it was not good value.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank scottishwanderer
Austin, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“THE BEST eco-adventure in 2 years of travel!!!!!”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This made me want to go back and study zoology-- I went on this tour *3 times in a row* in 2006 and *twice in a row* again in 2012. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. This is THE BEST eco adventure I have ever done. Tramping around in the rainforest at night with a flashlight, a biologist guide and only a small group of people-- amazing! Stop reading this review and go sign up for this unique adventure that will please every true adventurer and nature lover. Each of the guides has a very different personality (I had 4 different guides in my many times on the walks), so you have to learn to engage with each one and get your questions answered. Every guide I was with was knowledgeable and "switched on" although I gelled with the humour and chemistry of some more than others, people are people-- if someone annoys you don't blame the rainforest or its incredible wildlife. The rainforest itself is huge and beyond description, truly awesome. The little singing treefrogs are my absolute favourite-- you may have to ask a guide to detour to see them. We also saw enormous iguanas, an incredible array of spiders, several snakes (non venemous), the guide even pointed out eels swimming in the river on the way back and when we peered into the water we could see them clearly. Wonderful to have a trained pair of eyes with you on an incredible wildlife adventure. A true jungle safari. I only wish I could have slept in the jungle and trained with them for days, instead of tramping around for only a few hours each time. In 2 years of traveling Australia and New Zealand this was hands down my FAVOURITE wildlife activity. The only thing that I experienced that stitched me more fully into nature was skydiving. And that doesn't come with adorable tree frogs.

Visited December 2012
Whiting, New Jersey
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Horrible night tour”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Took the tour at Cape Tribulation in June 2012. The only "animals" the guide found were two spiders and a bird. The guide appeared inexperienced and not sufficiently familiar with the trail since she appeared lost, taking us over a very rough "unbeaten" trail. Finally she exited the area via a very steep hillside in order to get us back to the original road where we had entered the rain forest. The trek was very strenuous. I would definitiely not recommend this walk.

Visited June 2012