“Beautiful!”

Cape Trib Beach House
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here for one night and loved every minute of it! It is a break from the hustle and bustle and the rooms a few just a few minutes from the beach! I definitely recommend this hostel for anyone wanting to get some peace and quiet

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Matthewbeachhouse, Manager at Cape Trib Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

So glad you had a great time - come back soon ok?

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I recently had the absolute pleasure of staying at the Cape Trib Beach House for eight nights (I had originally booked to stay for six nights and loved it so much I chose to stay longer). I found so many of the staff at the Cape Trib Beach House extremely friendly and welcoming - particular thanks and recognition must go to:

- Matt, the manager, for his wonderful welcome when I arrived and who went out of his way to carry my bags down to my room for me as well as always being interested in how my day had been
- Cheryl in reception for her ever-present smile, her "nothing's too much trouble" approach, and the information she provided me with on the tours
- Ben (Head Chef) for the many chats and laughs, the yummy food and his gorgeous little girl Lily (who had me wrapped around her cute little finger!)
- Hayley in the bistro for her excellent customer service, her smiles and for being so genuinely interested in how I'd spent my day

My room was comfortable, clean and situated (as all the rooms are) in the midst of glorious rainforest. To wake up to birds singing and sit outside on the balcony in the evenings listening to birdsong was an indescribable delight.

The Beach House also has a lovely, sparkling pool and deck area and the bistro and pool area are located literally 15-20 steps from a pristine and unspoilt beach.

To Matt, Steve, Cheryl, Ben and Hayley, thank you for playing such a huge role in creating such a wonderful holiday experience for me. Big hugs to you all and looking forward to seeing you all again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Really recommended! Such an amazing atmosphere. The bar/restaurantstaff and fellow travellers so friendly. Food great and well priced. Beach beautiful whilst bungalows and restaurant in the rainforest. There is no mobile phone signal in the cape tribulation area at all. The beach house provide WiFi free of charge but only between 1100-1400 and 1800-2200. I found this difficult as away from home alone for the first time, however other more experienced travellers didn't find this an issue at all. The receptionist was a bit grumpy on the 4 separate occasions I spoke to her but this is the only negative of my 3 days/2 nights stay at this lovely location!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Our family stayed at Cape Trib Beach House for 4 nights recently. It was our 3rd trip to the Beach House and the Daintree over the last 9 years. We keep returning as it's a fantastic location nestled in amongst the Daintree Rainforest, hidden from the road apart from a sign, and invisible from the beach.  We love waking up every morning surrounded by such an amazing atmosphere, within a few minutes walk to the beach down a meandering path between the huts. We ate at the Bistro a couple of nights and enjoyed the food very much each time. The alternative for us was to cook at the self-catering kitchen which helps to keep the costs down. Beautiful surroundings, clean facilities and friendly staff make for a great escape from 'civilisation' for a while. Very chilled out. Hint: If you're staying a few days, buy food supplies prior to crossing the Daintree River (Mossman/Cairns), much cheaper and more varied choice. Fridges to store cold items available.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My family and I recently spent one night here unexpectedly, and we were so glad we did! Matt the manager couldn't help us enough, even amongst the busy time of check in! We were provided with a Ribbon Cabin, that was spacious, had air conditioning that worked, and our own little ensuite (which was a god send with 2 children, 1 with a broken arm!). The black louvers were fantastic, and we even managed a sleep in! The cabin was clean and in a lovely setting, as was the communal kitchen.

All staff were lovely, from reception to the restaurant, however there was an enthusiasm in Matt that is very rare to find! He honestly created such a happy buzz around the place that it was just a pleasure to stay there! For the price we paid we were 100% HAPPY!!!! Would recommend in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Matthewbeachhouse, Manager at Cape Trib Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Hey guys, thanks for the review - i hope kiddo is feeling better and you got home safe :_) Really appreciate the nice words...made my day.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Nice, clean, modern rooms to suit all budgets surrounded by trees and accompanying creatures (outside the cabins not in them). Short walk down to the pristine Cape trib beach. Social bar with games and free wi-fi available. The Bistro menu could benefit from having a couple of vegetarian options, but otherwise serves good food at reasonable prices. Reception staff appear genuinely interested in helping you get the most out of your stay and communications that you may have trouble with. There is no mobile phone reception here and the internet frequently crashes so if you need continuous comms with the outside world this may not be the place for you, however, if you are happy to get away from all that business it is a treat. My only regret really is that I booked myself on so many (mainly very cool) activities and tours I didn't just chill and enjoy the beach and beach house as much as I could have.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Guess what - because of your review - we now have vegetarian options. And I am not a vegetarian but I can say they are yum. YUM - thanks for your great feedback - we love it. !

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed her for 2 nights with a friend, from the moment we arrived the staff ( Matt and the manager in particular) made us feel very welcome. We stayed in a 3 person cabin with a private bathroom, the rooms were clean and the jungle setting around them really added to the experience.

The beach hut is about a 2 minute walk to a really beautiful and quiet beach, and they were able to give us lots of very good advise about tours to take to ensure we really made the most of the trip.

We ate in the bistro both nights and really enjoyed our meals, particularly the risotto. Would definitely return if were to head back to cape trib!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
#13 of 14 in Cape Tribulation
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
#1 of 5 in Cape Tribulation

Been to Cape Trib Beach House? Share your experiences!