I stayed here for one night with two friends this past week. We stayed in a three bed room with a private bathroom which was perfectly located halfway between the bistro and reception. Lots of wildlife along the paths and the beach is absolutely GORGEOUS. Very easy to get the beach to yourself if you avoid going when the tour groups are stopping in.
The rooms and the pool were very clean. Loved having A/C in the room as I tend to overheat at night. We thought we would get bugs in the room (given the location) but we didn't at all, just a tiny lizard! The ladies at reception were wonderful and very helpful with advice on what to do & see in the area.
My only complaint is about the bistro. First, the waitress that we were served by there was quite rude both times that we dealt with her. The first time we were told that we could not order lunch until 12:30 since tour groups were going to be coming in soon. We were fine with this, and we went and sat by the pool to wait. While we were waiting, she happily served other patrons who (like us) were guests at the beach house and not with a tour group. Then when we did order (at 12:30) we were told that our food would probably take a very long time (it did) as she was still serving the tour groups. We understood this, however, none of this was communicated to us in a polite or friendly fashion, so we were a bit put off. We dealt with her again at breakfast the next morning, and again she was quite rude and also got both of our orders wrong.
Additionally, I was a bit disappointed that the milkshakes at the bistro were all made with syrups - banana milkshakes tend to taste a bit better with actual banana in them, in my opinion. Also, the hot breakfast was really unpleasant (hashbrowns overcooked and greasy, eggs cold, tomato practically mush) so I would recommend avoiding that.
Aside from the bistro, we really had a lovely stay, and I would strongly recommend the beach house for anyone visiting the Cape Trib area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cape Tribulation Beach House Resort is a unique and stunning getaway nestled within the 110 million-year-old Daintree Rainforest and situated on seven acres of absolute beach front. Our distinctive resort offers a huge variety of accommodation options, all designed to highlight the character and history of Cape Tribulation.Situated only 140 kilometres north of Cairns, this private and natural rainforest resort provides everything you need to relax. We offer guests a truly wild, unique and private tropical holiday experience. We invite you to take a break from the every day and experience the acres of grounds teeming with rainforest wildlife and miles of deserted beach. You can do as much or as little as you like on your special getaway. Our beach front location is the perfect place to relax and unwind in stylish comfort. Nowhere on earth do two World Heritage sites come together with such breathtaking beauty. Laze around under leafy palms by our salt water swimming pool surrounded by a generous wooden deck for sunbathing. While you are soaking up the atmosphere you can sample the delicious modern cuisine and refreshments offered by our open air Sand Bar and Bistro. Cape Tribulation Beach House is famous for its excellent food. Many locals frequent our Bistro to dine at one of the best restaurants in the Cape Tribulation / Daintree area. Alternatively, you can choose to “do it yourself” in our modern communal kitchen. For the romantic hearts, make sure you spend at least one evening strolling along our private moonlit beach, and revel in the breathtaking ambiance of the oldest rainforest in the world. As the star-spangled night sky enfolds you, indulge in a cool tropical cocktail from our beach front bar, an ice-cold beer or choose a classic Australian wine selected to suit the most discerning palate. We invite you to take a break and experience the best of Cape Tribulation accommodation. We look forward to meeting you here, where you will arrive as guests, and leave as friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cape Trib Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Trib Beach House Hotel Cape Tribulation
- Cape Trib Beach House Cape Tribulation, Daintree Region, Australia