“great time in the jungle”

Cape Trib Beach House
Reviewed 3 June 2014

So much to say about the beach house. The staff seem to really care about whst they do. Great service and amazing location. My wife and I basically had beach to ourselves. Food was great pretty nice touch of having candles on tables too.

I think this was the pick of our tour. Well done guys..if you want an experiance go beach house...and ask for matt...he was great...and lauren...thank you guys.

Room Tip: Ask for matt if you need anything
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank justine r

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a family room which had a queen bed and 2 singles, the beds were not that great, but the grounds are really beautiful and staff were really friendly, especially Lauren who I think is from Canada, she was really helpful and all round lovely.
breakfast was really good too!! We had eggs, bacon toast and hash brown!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Styed for third time at beach house and was even better. Staff are the best. Friendly helpful fun and make you feel so at home. The setting is ideallic in the rainforest but right on the beach . One of best places ever.great food on site at restaurant and fair price considering location. Clean nice setting. Budget for different taste from dorm to chalet almost on beach . You choose. You would never regret staying here only not staying long enough

• Stayed: May 2014
Matthewbeachhouse, Manager at Cape Trib Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I am so happy you had such a great stay...and a memorable one. I love these reviews, it shows we are doing things right...and the fact you took the time to share this means a lot.

See you back soon...:)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for one night with two friends this past week. We stayed in a three bed room with a private bathroom which was perfectly located halfway between the bistro and reception. Lots of wildlife along the paths and the beach is absolutely GORGEOUS. Very easy to get the beach to yourself if you avoid going when the tour groups are stopping in.

The rooms and the pool were very clean. Loved having A/C in the room as I tend to overheat at night. We thought we would get bugs in the room (given the location) but we didn't at all, just a tiny lizard! The ladies at reception were wonderful and very helpful with advice on what to do & see in the area.

My only complaint is about the bistro. First, the waitress that we were served by there was quite rude both times that we dealt with her. The first time we were told that we could not order lunch until 12:30 since tour groups were going to be coming in soon. We were fine with this, and we went and sat by the pool to wait. While we were waiting, she happily served other patrons who (like us) were guests at the beach house and not with a tour group. Then when we did order (at 12:30) we were told that our food would probably take a very long time (it did) as she was still serving the tour groups. We understood this, however, none of this was communicated to us in a polite or friendly fashion, so we were a bit put off. We dealt with her again at breakfast the next morning, and again she was quite rude and also got both of our orders wrong.

Additionally, I was a bit disappointed that the milkshakes at the bistro were all made with syrups - banana milkshakes tend to taste a bit better with actual banana in them, in my opinion. Also, the hot breakfast was really unpleasant (hashbrowns overcooked and greasy, eggs cold, tomato practically mush) so I would recommend avoiding that.

Aside from the bistro, we really had a lovely stay, and I would strongly recommend the beach house for anyone visiting the Cape Trib area.

Room Tip: Ribbon 10 is quite nice and well-located for the kitchen, bistro, beach and reception.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lmeghanholliday

Thanks for this - great you had a great stay.

Hmmmm...very interesting what you said...yeah the milkshakes should be made with bananas. I agree you are so right, problem is getting them up here and keeping them fresh. See, we are a bit away from the city and cannot get to the shops easy to get fresh produce, so we get i sent up three times a week....we do have bananas, but they do not last...but I will look into it.

With regards ti the issues at the Bar, I went down and hat a chat to the Bistro, I too was not happy with the breakfasts - and we have changed them, we had that on trial for a week, to make service quicker but have decided to make on request again...we change things sometimes to see if they work....

Regarding that staff member, we have spoken to her....so all is good...sometimes you have off days, no excuse but hey I appreciate you letting us know.

Trip advisor rocks, because it keeps us sharp....like a knife....but otherwise what a great review...thank you!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is my second stay at this beautiful, quiet, reasonably priced resort. We will visit again.
The cabins are basic but clean. The bistro produced simple, tasty food and was able to cater to my wife's GF/DF dietary requirements without fuss.
The team was friendly and attentive.
The location on the beach is simply the best in the area.
What more could one want?

Room Tip: Take at least 2 /3 nights to enjoy the beautiful location
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We actually stayed there in September 2012 and I am very late in posting this but I must claim that this was a most memorable stay! We were traveling with friends and thought we were in heaven! The food was fantastic! What more could you ask for, the staff treated us like royalty and the location and atmosphere is still something we talk about to this day almost 2 years later. I am new to the trip advisor reviewing aspect and felt that not reviewing the Cape Trib Beach House would be an injustice! Really fabulous place to stay and I guarantee that on our next trip to Australia we will definitely go there and stay even longer! I wish I could post pictures for all to see because of all of our world wide travels this ranks right up there with the best as far as locale, friendliness and food! Absolutely wonderful! My face still lights up when we talk about it!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This was the best place to go to,to get out of town for a night. The cabin we stayed in was neat tidy and very clean and bed was comfy
Few metres to the beach and the bar beach bistro
Kyaking when the aun was out was just anazing
Definately worth the drive up from cairns to get away from outaide world

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
#1 of 5 in Cape Tribulation
Lync-Haven Rainforest Retreat, Cabins, Camping & Wildlife Experience
Daintree Wilderness Lodge

Been to Cape Trib Beach House? Share your experiences!