“One word - wow”

Cape Trib Beach House
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This resort has it all just exceeded all expectations. Staff were so eager to help my family even though we were a tad high maintenance x. Pretty much it all came together for a great holiday

Big thank you to everyone especially Lauren matt and Paula. Reception is basically the funniest place to be at the beach house !!

Five star if I had six I would put it x

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Beach House was PARADISE. Beyond the paved road, it's a killer resort-style set of cabins nestled in the rainforest. The staff is amazing - Lauren at reception makes it pretty much impossible to be in a bad mood. Lauren is the best. The people who end up at Beach House are self-selected to get along pretty well, I'd say. The ones that are a little more adventurous, a little more into nature, and you get a lot fewer of the superboozy packpackers you'll find all along the east coast. They largely stick to PKs, which is great. If you have a car, you can chill up here for a good week and always be entertained but not exhausted. There's a great pool, so you can have a refreshing swim even when the beach is full of critters. There are a lot of great swimming holes in the area (the staff will fill you in) in the creeks which are even better, but again that's where having a car would come in pretty handy. I love this place. I live almost as far away as one could get but I can't wait to go back someday. Only a couple of small downsides - there was some super grumpy older guy (manager? groundskeeper? I don't even know.) who kind of generally harshed the chill vibe of the place, but I only ran into him a couple times. Also, they should really compost. You're in the rainforest guys! It would also be cool if they offered a shuttle once or twice a day, or even a little pay taxi service, but I had a car so everything was great for me.

Room Tip: Pretty sure there are no bad rooms actually, but be sure to bring a flashlight to more comfortably w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Matthewbeachhouse, Manager at Cape Trib Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Awww shucks thanks - I love the perfect reviews, and I LOVE the fact you had a good time.

Hmm grumpy guy you say? Well I have no idea who that could of been, because I am only 35 and have a heavy moisturizing routine and skin exfoliation technique I would not be called old...so it was not me...but I can only imagine it was one of the maintenance guys... they can get a tad grumpy when one of the sewage lines are busted....but yeah I will look into it...you can never be grumpy in front of customers...although you still gave us 5 out of 5 - so I am glad it did impact to heavily on your trip....

Thank you so much for the long and detailed review - I so much appreciate it...ohh yeah the compost thing...I know we should be doing that....but there are restrictions of what we can and cannot do in the Daintree - most of them are just stupid. However, we do recycle, we have a virtual paperless office - and I re use my jokes every day....but yes I acknowledge their must be someway we can have a compost - and I will look into it tomorrow. (Paula please remind me)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

After encouraging my mate to ride our mountain bikes from Mossman to The Lions Den Hotel (140klms) for a birthday beer, we pulled into the Beach House for our first night R&R. Drying off from a totally refreshing dip in the crystal clear pool we washed down the inside with a few ice cold draughts in the open bar before devouring a sumptuous steak and seafood dinner. On return to our quiet little bungalow we crashed completly satisfied into our bunks, only to hear the sounds of nature faiding into a deep and rejuvinating sleep. Thanks guys, we are already planning our return ride to your little piece of heaven.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say. Invited up with friends great experiance. This is just such a special place the location is on the northern end of cape trib and right on the beach itself.

Staff are great and was impressed with the quality of service. Food was another draw card. Would have liked a tv in my room..but we did accept we were in the rainforest after all !!

Cannot praise enough !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at Cape Trib Beachouse for 2 nights as part of a birthday weekend away and would highly recommend it! I have stayed twice before and would come back again. It is excellent value for money, providing simple, but comfortable accommodation in private timber pavilion-type huts nestled in the world-heritage rainforest. It is the northernmost accommodation in the Cape Trib region and is located at the start of the Bloomfield Track, so it is a peaceful and quiet venue even though it is a YHA!
It is located right on Cape Tribulation Beach where we got up at sunrise and saw turtles and fish feeding right off the beach. We also saw a Cassowary wandering in the mangroves. The extra amenities are excellent with a large undercover deck bistro/ bar area. The food served for our dinner and breakfast was restaurant quality and the staff were friendly and efficient. There is also a very handy prep and storage area for guests who wanted to bring/ cook their own food.
Other local tour-operators picked us up from Reception for our activities so we didn't have to drive, though there are other activities to do on -site including sea-kayaking.
Overall, for value for money, location, convenience, amenity and recreational options, I'd give this place 5-stars :-)

Room Tip: The Ribbon Rooms have simple, but clean ensuites.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aimee B
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at 4 different locations at Cape Tribulation over the past years, and recently twice at the Beach House, I could not recommend this place more. We spent 7 days in one of their St Crispin cabins, 25 meters from the beach and equal distance to their restaurant. Every staff member was professional, friendly and helpful. The cabin is compact and enviably located in arguably the most beautiful part of the cape. This is our second time at the Beach House with our now 2 and half year old and could not not imagine a better place to spend a week in paradise.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Amazing experience to sleep in the middle of a rainforest, so close to the beach! Upon arrival, we realised that our tour operator had wrongly set our expectations for the type of bungalow we've paid for. Thanks to this great guy (named Matt) at the reception, who didn't want to leave us disappointed, we've got an upgrade to the bungalow closest to the beach. Facilities are great for a bungalow, windows have nets protecting against creatures coming to your room, however allowing you to feel as if you're sleeping in the open. The combination of the sounds from the rainforest and the reef made this overnight experience truly unique. We totally recommend it.

Room Tip: be advised that the sounds from the rainforest and the beach are loud and you might have difficultie...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lync-Haven Rainforest Retreat, Cabins, Camping & Wildlife Experience
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
#1 of 5 in Cape Tribulation

Been to Cape Trib Beach House? Share your experiences!