My husband and I stayed at Cape Trib Beach House as part of our honeymoon adventure to Australia. We spent 3 days and 2 nights here. First, I have to say, we knew what we were getting ourselves into. If you're looking for a 5 star resort with a heated pool and sauna, this isn't where you want to come. This is exactly as it's advertised, lodging where the rainforest and the beach meet. We stayed in the St Crispin which I would highly recommend to anyone who isn't a hostel type visitor. We had the best view of the beach peeking through the trees, away from everyone else (#3). The bungalow itself had everything you needed. I believe the beds were 2 twins pushed together but I'm not even sure as I couldn't tell. You're in the rainforest so the wildlife is right there next to you. There are insects and you might see them in the bungalows. I didn't see any personally but my husband said he saw a large roach in the bathroom. We also heard the marsupials(?) chewing on the bungalow at one point but they weren't loud or a bother.
The staff, they are incredible! You really do feel like you're leaving as friends. Everyone at the front desk was charming and truly willing to help if you needed anything. The chef, wow, that guy needs a raise (I don't know his salary but it isn't enough!). I had the most incredible Penne with white wine vinegar and mushrooms and spinach two nights in a row. It's technically a lunch item but they were so sweet to make it for me for dinner both nights because we missed lunch the first night (and then it was so good, I wanted it the second night too haha). My husband actually tried a few different items off the menu and he's convinced the guy couldn't make a bad meal if he tried. He exceeds all of the food we've ever tasted here in Houston, Texas.
At one point after we left our SD card outside the main building (we were uploading photos), the manager of Cape Trib Beach House sought us out later in the day to return it to us.
Our experience was truly wonderful and I can't thank everyone at Cape Trib Beach House enough. I don't have one bad thing to say. Thank you so much for making our honeymoon even more memorable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cape Tribulation Beach House Resort is a unique and stunning getaway nestled within the 110 million-year-old Daintree Rainforest and situated on seven acres of absolute beach front. Our distinctive resort offers a huge variety of accommodation options, all designed to highlight the character and history of Cape Tribulation.Situated only 140 kilometres north of Cairns, this private and natural rainforest resort provides everything you need to relax. We offer guests a truly wild, unique and private tropical holiday experience.We invite you to take a break from the every day and experience the acres of grounds teeming with rainforest wildlife and miles of deserted beach. You can do as much or as little as you like on your special getaway. Our beach front location is the perfect place to relax and unwind in stylish comfort. Nowhere on earth do two World Heritage sites come together with such breathtaking beauty.Laze around under leafy palms by our salt water swimming pool surrounded by a generous wooden deck for sunbathing. While you are soaking up the atmosphere you can sample the delicious modern cuisine and refreshments offered by our open air Sand Bar and Bistro.Cape Tribulation Beach House is famous for its excellent food. Many locals frequent our Bistro to dine at one of the best restaurants in the Cape Tribulation / Daintree area. Alternatively, you can choose to “do it yourself” in our modern communal kitchen.For the romantic hearts, make sure you spend at least one evening strolling along our private moonlit beach, and revel in the breathtaking ambiance of the oldest rainforest in the world.As the star-spangled night sky enfolds you, indulge in a cool tropical cocktail from our beach front bar, an ice-cold beer or choose a classic Australian wine selected to suit the most discerning palate.We invite you to take a break and experience the best of Cape Tribulation accommodation. We look forward to meeting you here, where you will arrive as guests, and leave as friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Cape Tribulation Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Trib Beach House Hotel Cape Tribulation
- Cape Tribulation Beach House Daintree Region, Australia