All reviewsst crispinguest kitchenrestaurant barcape trib beachbeach walkair conpristine beachstaff were really friendlyrainforest meetsdaintree rainforestamazing locationback packerswet seasonthanks guysdouble bednight walkbarramundi
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in a family bungalow and was unsure of what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised at the standard of the bungalow and although there was opportunity for bugs to enter the cabin, I only saw one cockroach and a spider.
The restaurant was average prices for Australia and the food was superb. we ate there every night although there is opportunity to use a communal kitchen if you wish.
Trips can be arranged from the reception area and we did the horseriding and forest zipwire, both of which were well worth doing.
The beach is a few steps from the bar area and is the most breathtaking beach you could ever wish to visit - and completely empty of people - tropical bliss.
There is wifi at the reception area too and the staff are very helpful.
The bar staff were very friendly and made our stay much more enjoyable, even trying to find spiders for me to look at!
can't wait to go back to the Daintree and for me - this is the only place to stay!

Room Tip: Family room #2 has a very large bathroom
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chebes
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Matt was absolutely the most generous, warm and helpful person I have ever dealt with when organising holidays. Management truly cares about their guests' experience here, and they enthusiastically went to great lengths to ensure a wonderful stay. Matt is brimming with cheerful hospitality and a happy spirit that fills this Beach House with positive vibes. And let's face it, that's what you want on your holidays!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Cape Trib Beach House as part of our honeymoon adventure to Australia. We spent 3 days and 2 nights here. First, I have to say, we knew what we were getting ourselves into. If you're looking for a 5 star resort with a heated pool and sauna, this isn't where you want to come. This is exactly as it's advertised, lodging where the rainforest and the beach meet. We stayed in the St Crispin which I would highly recommend to anyone who isn't a hostel type visitor. We had the best view of the beach peeking through the trees, away from everyone else (#3). The bungalow itself had everything you needed. I believe the beds were 2 twins pushed together but I'm not even sure as I couldn't tell. You're in the rainforest so the wildlife is right there next to you. There are insects and you might see them in the bungalows. I didn't see any personally but my husband said he saw a large roach in the bathroom. We also heard the marsupials(?) chewing on the bungalow at one point but they weren't loud or a bother.

The staff, they are incredible! You really do feel like you're leaving as friends. Everyone at the front desk was charming and truly willing to help if you needed anything. The chef, wow, that guy needs a raise (I don't know his salary but it isn't enough!). I had the most incredible Penne with white wine vinegar and mushrooms and spinach two nights in a row. It's technically a lunch item but they were so sweet to make it for me for dinner both nights because we missed lunch the first night (and then it was so good, I wanted it the second night too haha). My husband actually tried a few different items off the menu and he's convinced the guy couldn't make a bad meal if he tried. He exceeds all of the food we've ever tasted here in Houston, Texas.

At one point after we left our SD card outside the main building (we were uploading photos), the manager of Cape Trib Beach House sought us out later in the day to return it to us.

Our experience was truly wonderful and I can't thank everyone at Cape Trib Beach House enough. I don't have one bad thing to say. Thank you so much for making our honeymoon even more memorable!

Room Tip: St Crispin #3!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley R
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This is the second time I have stayed there. It has a lovely untouched charm in the most wonerful setting. I felt it had gone back slightly from my last visit. Also it is expensive for what you get. However it is clean and offer a wonderful experience of staying in a rainforest.....The beach is just amazing,,,watch out for the wild pigs in the morning and the sea turtles in the water at the beach...the boardwalks in this area are amazing and are a lovely walk......

Room Tip: The restaurant is basic and not cheap......take your inscect spray....early morning walks are great to see the local wild life, wild pigs (not frightening) and turtles.......
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthewbeachhouse, Manager at Cape Trib Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hi and THANK You for a great review. Glad you loved it and had a great time.

However, I did take your comments regarding the expense of the food and did some soul searching. I have tried since we started this new revised beach house - version 2.0 - to look at what we charge guests.

Now, our accommodation prices are in my view reasonable. Its simple economics, we are not mains power - so we have to use a generator. Now this is expensive as we do not have the luxury of cost effective tariffs. Also all our food is delivered fresh - and that is also expensive. It is not easy living in the middle of a jungle that rests next to a beach...

However, what we did is we changed things here a tad. See in the old days you paid for internet access - now its for free. We also regularly check our prices for meals with similar places in Cairns - and we do this to see how the market is going.

We are on par with most places in Cairns - that includes our alcohol prices.

I understand people are on a budget - and we do our best to keep prices reasonable. I do appreciate your thoughts - it keeps us on our toes.

Also in other news I bought a Mandolin yesterday - I plan to learn it and play at the Bistro on weekends....I always wanted to be a casino lounge singer - so this is close.

Listen when you come back ask for Matt - I may if I am in a good mood be flexible on dinner for you...:)

Matt - The Mandolin Master

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Look just perfect. We came here last april place played location well but service was not good. What a change...service was excellent family well looked after just fantastic. Bistro by beach served great food.

Thank you matt and the team...made our weekend..perfect will be back...

• Stayed: July 2014

This guest - Norm is too kind, and I appreciate your remarks very much.

However, I still feel we did not help you enough - I know the travel agent booked your room and I know that it was not our fault. I know that you were happy with what we did - but we should have done more.

Norm arrived booked under different room that could not accommodate his family - we had to squeeze them into a cabin because I did not have any escape rooms free. I should have reserved one - like I do usually but I did not account for the large numbers.

Had I done this I could have put you in another room - I know you were happy but I was not...but thanks...I mean it. I still think I could have done more for your family..