All reviews st crispin guest kitchen restaurant bar cape trib beach beach walk pristine beach air con amazing location rainforest meets daintree rainforest wet season barramundi double bed night walk the great barrier reef beautiful place camp kitchen
Reviewed 15 July 2014

well all I did was speak to Matt to book a room, and I could not have had so much fun.....and that was only booking!! I am so looking forward to meeting and sharing my experience up at Cape Trib with everybody........

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This YHA is set in the rainforest beside the beach. It has simple but comfortable cabins. I am glad we had an ensuite as the bathrooms, laundry and reception (with the only wifi) were quite a walk away. The bistro served large portions of simple pub style food (fish and chips, steak etc). It was fine for a simple meal when we arrived. The shared kitchen is very under resourced, no crockery, cutlery and limited pots and pans. We avoided this but some people were using it. We ate our cereal from the mug provided in our room. If you are looking for a beachside, rainforest Eco cabin, this is the place. If you are looking for a resort (as they are attempting to sell themselves online) then others may be more suitable!

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Matthewbeachhouse, Manager at Cape Trib Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hi thanks for your feedback. Seems you had a great time....however, I was a little concerned with your comment regarding this is marketed as a resort - when it is, which I think caused you to rate us only 3 out of 5.

I respectfully disagree - this is a resort - an amazing resort and I have no other idea what we would call it other then a resort. It is not a hostel and it is not a hotel and it is not a bed and breakfast. Therefore using the method of deductive reasoning it is a resort.

While I respect your views - I have to disagree with them - but you had a good time, there were no issues with your resort other then your concerns how we label ourselves. If you look at our website I wrote a blog about this under the heading - Cape Trib Beach House the identity crises. It covers this - and it a very good blog.

Hmmmm...well that is my opinion. :)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

As a local showing southern visitors our region, I'm impressed with & thoroughly recommend the Beach House if you want a genuine tropical beach, wildlife & rainforest experience that's great value for money, with happy, thoughtful and really helpful staff - not an over the top ritzy upmarket place but it truly reflects what we locals love about living in this area. Thanks Matt and all the staff for your customer service. We'll be back!

Room tip: From the carpark to the rooms is a bit of a walk ...but the wander through the rainforest is a great start to the stay ... several of our group weren't able to walk that far so Matt was happy for us to take them right to their door, then return the car to the parking area.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorraine_aussiegypsy
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in a family bungalow and was unsure of what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised at the standard of the bungalow and although there was opportunity for bugs to enter the cabin, I only saw one cockroach and a spider.
The restaurant was average prices for Australia and the food was superb. we ate there every night although there is opportunity to use a communal kitchen if you wish.
Trips can be arranged from the reception area and we did the horseriding and forest zipwire, both of which were well worth doing.
The beach is a few steps from the bar area and is the most breathtaking beach you could ever wish to visit - and completely empty of people - tropical bliss.
There is wifi at the reception area too and the staff are very helpful.
The bar staff were very friendly and made our stay much more enjoyable, even trying to find spiders for me to look at!
can't wait to go back to the Daintree and for me - this is the only place to stay!

Room tip: Family room #2 has a very large bathroom
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Chebes
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Matt was absolutely the most generous, warm and helpful person I have ever dealt with when organising holidays. Management truly cares about their guests' experience here, and they enthusiastically went to great lengths to ensure a wonderful stay. Matt is brimming with cheerful hospitality and a happy spirit that fills this Beach House with positive vibes. And let's face it, that's what you want on your holidays!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple