“Best over night trip for a local”

Cape Trib Beach House
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Glad I made the effort to call ahead, spoke to a great lad by the name of Mark and was extremely helpful, on arrival I was up graded and enjoyed the privacy of my own cabin, Rooms are very clean and comfortable and a stones throw from the beach, one of the prettiest spots in Aus. the staff were very hospitable and made the stay very enjoyable, to be able to sit on the beach with a handful of people and have a cold beer and watch the sun go down is absolutely fantastic and just drives me now to go back and do it all again, definitely worth the trip and a great place to stay.
P.S. the food is good!!
Chris, Cairns Qld.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Matthewbeachhouse, Manager at Cape Trib Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Your welcome mate - and its Matt not Mark....hope you got home ok, I wish I owned a motorbike....

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Isn't your worst nightmare that you or one of your travel companions gets seriously sick. It's going to happen some time and when it did to us the silver lining was the wonderful Lauren at Cape Trib Beach house who from the moment we rang to say we were at a hospital and not sure we'd get there that day, assured us that they'd fully refund us the night and the whole booking if we didn't make it. Wow. In the end some of us made it for two of our three nights but our friends didn't make it at all and had to stay elsewhere in Cairns for medical treatment. Cape Trib Beach house fully refunded them for the three nights and us for the first nite we missed. Lauren was so patient and unperturbed too when we wern't sure what was happening and who would get there. This was during school holidays peak time! We had ribbon cabins near the bistro and beach and though they were fully booked it never seemed so. People melt away into the rain forest or wander off down the beach. Such a magical place made very special by the thoughful and considerate staff. Thankyou for Lauren and management for supporting us incuding with use of the landline phone to to check on our friends who by the time we got back to Cairns were on the way to recovery and already had their refund.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here 2 night with family. The place seems run down and unsure of if it is catering to backpackers or tourists looking for a bit of comfort. The guest kitchen is appalling, next to no cooking equipment and one filthy wet tea towel! However the bistro is overpriced with un-inspiring food and slow slow slow service due to a chronic shortage of staff. The amazing Matt was no where to be seen and I think that this influenced the tired feel of the place. Staff at reception seemed not to know much about the local area and when asked about swimming at the beach and possible crocs, we were told it was ' fine, but keep an eye out!'. Hmm, not very comforting advice! The Escape Cabin was small but comfortable enough.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay as much as we or you had hoped. Also I am sorry I was not there - but the Beach House is not the Matt House, it has a great team who really try and make the guests happy....

With regards to your comment regarding the identity crises - I actually blogged about this last week on our website. I can see where you are coming from but I respectfully disagree with your conclusions.

The food - well its fresh and the same prices as Cairns restaurants. Please note that it costs a lot to run a place so far removed from civilization. I find it amazing that you suggested the food was a bit expensive when you did not mention that the wifi is free, extra linen is free and milk and bread when needed is also free.....luggage storage is free...we really do a lot to keep prices down - and the fact you never mentioned this nor mentioned the quality of the food was in my view not fair....

Sorry I am annoyed at this reviewer. I am annoyed because I care so much for how our guests are treated here that I spend so long in making sure our costings on our food are fair. The other week I phoned a pub in Cairns to ask them what they charge for a steak and chips - they were $2 more then us....and then I get this.....The customer is always right - its a mantra in this industry - but I am not apologizing for this...I cannot in good consciousness say sorry for a complaint that I think is not fair nor deserving.

We are in the jungle - we are directly on a beach that is profoundly amazing with staff that clearly love what they do. I think this was unfair.

The worn out comment is also one to consider. We are using eco friendly cabins - that are sustainable for the environment they are contained in. 99% of customers love it - I take offence to the worn out remark. I notice that you never mentioned they were dirty - which they were not - you never mentioned you were treated badly - which you were not...you just seemed to pick at everything. without highlighting the good.

Any person reading this may think I am being a little rough - but it is only because I am passionate at what we do here - I am passionate about the location and this amazing place. I will take a lot of things on the chin - but this review I will not.

My grandfather used to always tell me try not please all people all the time - well he was right. There will always be the few - who can never be pleased. I respectfully have defended my resort with this reviewer. Matt the amazing may not have been present but had I been I do not think I would have made your trip any different.

I tell you what - make a deal with you - take my menu and go to Cairns or anywhere - and we are really that much more expensive then places close to the city as opposed to in the middle of the rain forest - then you can stay here for a month for free.

Matt the amazing will be at your beck and call - we can call better homes and gardens and do a make over of the place.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We arrived to Cape Tribulation Beach House with a very generous smile and shown to our room by Matthew. The beach house is located in one of the best spots I have ever seen. You are meters away from the beach to enjoy the sunset with a drink but also set amongst the amazing Daintree Rainforest. I highly recommend a stay at the Cape Tribulation Beach House.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stopped by here and walked through the grounds to get to the beach. The grounds are clean, well maintained and the restaurant looked good as well. We were visiting from the US and somehow didn't realize that we should have stayed on Cape Tribulation.
We didn't stay here, but we would have gladly. The resort is simple but the beauty of the surroundings really make it feel special.
If you want a fancy hotel, this is definitely not for you. However, if you are looking for a gorgeous, back to nature type of retreat, this is for you.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Let me start by saying, like many of you I have never reviewed accommodation before but am an avid reader of reviews when it comes to doing my research. Our family of 4 (2 small children) recently spent a week in Cairns, Cape Trib, Daintree etc. When looking at options for Cape Trib, reading reviews and looking at photos - it seemed all we were going to get was extreme 5 star, or an array of dodgy places with really mixed reviews and mismatched photos etc. Our dilemma - yes we could do dodgy for one night, but staying for 2 nights I wanted to make sure we were somewhere more than a one star rating......I stumbled across Cape Trib Beach House.....read some really mixed reviews and wasn't sure what to do. So I rang reception and spoke to Lauren and asked her lots of questions about cleanliness etc. Two things happened on that phone call - she gave me 100% confidence that we would have a great time, going to great lengths to send me copies of menus etc and explain about a new management team in place. That new management team is led by Matt - very passionate about what he does, and this comes through all staff at the Beach House who have time for a chat, offer advice on local activities etc. In a nutshell, very glad we stayed here.......even more so when we realised we had brought the wrong battery charger for our camera, and Matt was able to collect a new one for us in Mosman...talk about A1 SERVICE!!.......And if you are still wondering whether you should stay here - then the answer is YES....whether you are a backpacker wanting to do your own thing, a couple wanting some beachside romance or a family like us.....this unique place will suit you all !

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Emma L
Reviewed 15 July 2014

well all I did was speak to Matt to book a room, and I could not have had so much fun.....and that was only booking!! I am so looking forward to meeting and sharing my experience up at Cape Trib with everybody........

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
#13 of 14 in Cape Tribulation
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
#1 of 5 in Cape Tribulation

Been to Cape Trib Beach House? Share your experiences!