“Great fun for the family.”

Cape Tribulation Beach House
Melbourne
“Great fun for the family.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great fun for the family, rainforest, beach and tranquility. We stayed for 3 nights and wished we had stayed a week. Great value for our family rainforest adventure. The drive from cooktown to cape trib is superb and the beach house is your first stop.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had so much fun at cape tribulation beach it was peaceful and relaxing, it was child friendly. I went there with my mum an we wished we stayed there for longer, and infact we didn't want to leave. The staff were so polite and want to hear your suggestions, and try to make the stay there the best one you will have in your life . They also allow you to sign up for horse riding, which may I say is a great experience, one I enjoyed it so much I want it to move to Melbourne just for me. This trip is something everyone will benefit from, so I recommend going. It was awesome! I am only 11, but it was still the trip of my life.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Justin D
Sydney
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Amazing. I extended my stay whilst there because there is so much to see and do. Staff were super friendly and very accommodating. The self serve kitchen is great and included all necessities. A band was also playing when I was there so the place really came alive and it was great to meet the locals and other travelers alike.

• Stayed August 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We loved the feeling of being cut off for a couple of days. It was quite refreshing not having internet / mobile access. The beach is beautiful and the accommodation whilst basic is clean and perfectly adequate. Matt is an interesting guy and he puts 200% into running the place and making sure you have everything you need. Only improvements would be an hourly shuttle service to the little town and some other meal options. I appreciate the food pricing reflects being in the jungle but some $8-10 toasties or sandwiches would be great. A happy hour at the bar for some cheaper beers at sunset would be fab too. On the whole an excellent stay and I wish we could have stayed cut off for a few more relaxing days.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

There's really no reason to stay elsewhere. I have come through the Beach House twice now in the last few months. It has an absolutely amazing location--secluded beach with the rooms nestled under/in the rain forest canopy. The staff are great, Matt particularly. He was incredibly generous with his time and was very helpful helping us plan activities in the area (he even took my students out for a night walk to spot animals while sharing about the history of the area). The food is good. And there's FREE WIFI, which is surprisingly difficult to get in the area. All around a great place, from the budget shared rooms to the upscale secluded bungalows.

Well recommended, if you're going to the Daintree stay at the Beach House.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My partner and I with our 2 yr old daughter stayed three nights at Cape Trib Beach House. It was meant to be a relaxing end to our holiday, chilling out by the beach, swimming in the pool. The weather ended up being stupid and rainy pretty much the whole time we were there which really sucked. This is obviously at no fault of Cape Trib Beach House but I can only review my own experience, it did ruin our time a bit because we spent the extra money on the St Crispin Beach cabins.
The cabin itself was nice and clean. The crashing waves and pouring rain made it hard to sleep but that was because we weren't used to that sort of noise. It could be therapeutic for a lot of people.
We LOVED the king size bed, it was super comfy.
The breakfast was a little disorganised, there were either no plates, or no bread, or no orange juice etc. and you had to ask someone to get it for you.
The dinners here are at best good pub grub. I had the chicken parma and it was decent.
The staff are really friendly and helpful, Matt was great and the girls working the dinner shifts were absolutely lovely.
If you are looking for a good getaway, then I'd recommend this place. Perhaps though 3 nights was too long for us. 2 nights would have been better, but as I said the weather had a lot to do with it.
I'd like to give Cape Trib Beach House 3.5 out of 5 but that's not an option, so I'll give it 4 because it definitely doesn't deserve a 3 either.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Gavleborg County, Sweden
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Don't forget cape tribulation when going to NE Australia. Cape Trib beach house is the perfect place to stay. Just next to the beach, good restaurant food. Stay in a ribbon cabin, its almost next to the beach. no room options has clear beach view due too the dense vegetated rain forest, so ribbon cabin is the best option i think.
don't forget to view the sunrise, it amazing! and don't forget to travel the bloomfield track!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Heritage Lodge & Spa
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
#2 of 5 in Cape Tribulation

Been to Cape Tribulation Beach House? Share your experiences!