Open today: 08:00 - 18:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours
from US$76.70
More Info
from US$32.90
More Info
1,128 results
All reviews zip lining hamster wheel great fun scared of heights adrenaline rush hanging upside down flying fox all ages fun activity comfort zone a lot of fun whole family port douglas their job any age fantastic experience great staff
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I’m not big on thrills and white-knuckle stuff, and much of my life has consisted of hearing my kids saying “oh, come on mum, you’re such a wimp “ so it was a surprise to all of us when I suddenly announced that this was what I wanted to do in Daintree.

This activity is really well thought through and organised. Once you’re all in your harnesses you take turns running in the human hamster wheel, an ingenious idea for winching fellow surfers up into the canopy. When it’s your turn to go, you rise gently up, feeling how you can 100% trust your harness. Pretty soon you’re up in the canopy and you move from tower to tower taking in the breathtaking beauty of the rainforest. Knowledgeable guides talk about plants and animals as they whizz through the safety ‘clip-unclip’ protocols for each guest in turn.

I shifted from ‘vaguely anxious’ to ‘excited/ only a bit tentative’ very quickly, and to my own surprise found that I was super-keen to get to take my turn flipping upside down!! Every age (well, not babies! I think there’s a lower limit of 8ish) and ability/ agility can enjoy this experience as it doesn’t require any skill whatsoever- if you just trust the harness and the staff (which obviously you can) you will love it.

Small highlight - Claudia having to perform the cassowary dance because she lost the race. We loved her at first sight but that was something special!

You have to book in advance - it runs twice a day - and it is expensive, but worth it. It takes about 2 hours. You should plan your trip to Daintree around this and one other major activity eg ocean safari or fruit tasting. All other walks etc can fit round these.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

To say I was terrified would be an understatement BUT I’m so glad I gave it a go!! The crew make you feel at ease with their attention to safety but keep it light with their Ozzie sense of humour and dad jokes!!! Make sure you give going upside down a go .... never ever would I have thought I was going to do that but hey I’m still here writing this review so spoiler alert, I made it !! Plenty of time to ask questions and just absorb the amazing natural world that surrounds each platform! They even provide bionoculars on the observatory platform where you can be unharnessed and walk around. You can literally see a sand cay on the Great Barrier Reef while being high up in the tree tops ... I mean where else can you do that !?!!!The interesting bio information is passionately delivered which makes you sit up and listen. An overall awesome job guys, thanks so much for an epic experience !!!!! Now I’m off to get grounded hahaha

Date of experience: December 2018
JungleSurfer, Public Relations Manager at Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Yayyy you did it! There is no time for feeling scared up in the trees, you are too busy having fun!! (and laughing at the dad jokes :P)
Thanks so much for such positive feedback! We will pass this onto to the guides! Make sure you come and visit again soon! :)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I found the crew to be very organized and thorough and very safety conscious. A good thing! It was a great experience given the weather was steaming hot. It was interesting and fun and the guides were also well informed about the flora and fauna in the area.
A delightful experience and I highly recommend it!

Date of experience: December 2018
JungleSurfer, Public Relations Manager at Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Welcome to the tropics!! :P So glad you had a great time! Cheers for taking the time to leave us some great feedback :)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Make sure you find some time to explore the Daintree Rainforest from above! Zip line through the trees with the expert guides (from young kids to big kids) anyone can join in! They have lots of fun facts during the circuit and make you feel safe.
Some zip lines go faster than others but its not too scary. They care about the environemnt too and the trees are cared for too :-)

Date of experience: September 2018

We certainly love our rainforest and do everything we can to take care of it! Thank you for your wonderful review and we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us!

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Great morning out... zip lining in the tropical canopy of the daintree forest. We felt safe and the staff always in control. Given we were a little older than the staff.... all ways felt safe and instructed. Would do it all again.. thank you guys

Date of experience: November 2018
JungleSurfer, Public Relations Manager at Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Wooohooo!!!! That's what we like to hear! Definitely come back and visit again! Thanks so much for your fab review Robert, we're so pleased you had a great time! :)

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

This is the first time I ever went zip-lining and I had a great time. The staff were very professional and made sure we were safe at all times. It was a good size group and we got to do approximately 5 to 6 zip lines over the course of a couple of hours.

Date of experience: October 2018

How awesome that we were able to send you on your first zipline experience! And what better place for that to happen than in the worlds oldest continually evolving rainforest! Thanks for the feedback!!