“Different, fun, unique”

Cape Trib Exotic Fruit Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer an Exotic Fruit Tasting and Orchard Tour every day at 2 pm. There is always ten different tropical fruit on the menu - fruit you have probably never heard of,with names like 'chocolate pudding fruit' and 'creme caramel fruit'.We show you how to prepare and eat the fruit, share interesting stories about the fruit from around the world, and then take you for a walk through the orchard which has more than 2000 fruit trees from the Amazon, Borneo and the Caribbean. This tour is not just a plate of fruit - it offers a special experience which cannot be found anywhere else and is great fun.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great few hours, the host was good fun and very well informed and even though my girlfriend is the foodie, I had so much fun too.

I would highly recommend this trip if you are heading to Cape Trib!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect but really enjoyed the experience.
The exotic fruits were fun to try and Trish is great with the facts and stories on the fruit.
She is a great host.
Definitely worth a visit if you like trying new foods.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was so homegrown and adorable and totally affordable. Definitely do it if you have time. I was in the Daintree for a week, and I would say it was lovely, but I would only hit it up after you've made sure to trek around the forest a bit and gotten out to the reef. The people are super sweet and great, they're half the fun. The fruit is EXOTIC, not local, which was momentarily disappointing, then I thought of the name of the damn thing and realized I'm just dumb. Anyway, it was cool and I got to taste some fruits I've only read about. Pretty neat! Bring a little cash for a souvenir. They don't sell the fruit, but they sell jellies and jams and teas from the farm. All so quirky - refreshing in this day of prepackaged experiences and chain nonsense. I asked a lot of questions and possibly annoyed the dude a bit, but he still answered them like a champ.

capetribber, Owner at Cape Trib Exotic Fruit Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Hi Kreuzbergerin - Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We think this tour is special and glad that you appreciated it as a genuine experience of eco-tourism in action, not a Disneyland theme park.

It provides the opportunity to interact with local residents, who share their experience of what it's like to live in the Daintree, and see how a family turned a vision into a reality of living in the rainforest, by supporting themselves growing rare tropical fruit.

By the way, we do grow two native Australian fruit species, but they may not have been ripe at the time of your visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

One of the most unique adventures you can take part in in cape trib. Thought it would be kinda corny when we booked it, but we got to eat so many different kinds of fruit that we would never see in the grocery store and learned a lot about the farm and the history about the people who settled it. It's truly a MUST DO if your traveling in cape trib!

1  Thank Her_too
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had planned for years my parents' perfect FNQ holiday as their last big hurrah trip since they are getting too old to travel this far. Our trip included a stop at the Farm for a tour & the fruit tasting. It was definitely a highlight of our long day driving Cape Trib Road and we all loved it.

The farm was expansive and very interesting. Everyone was really mystified by the strange trees and bugs we saw and we learned lots about how they all work/grow in the climate. Allison, Digby & Brett (who i think gave us our tour/tasting) were all fantastic. Friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The fruit was fascinating. Definitely a lot we've never heard of and some we'd like to have again one day....some..maybe not...Durian, anyone? The presenter was very helpful and interesting to listen to. He expertly carved the fruit.

We had perfect weather for our visit and found it a real treat. Would definitely recommend you're doing the road. - Note we were not a "family with teens" but there is no option for family with adult children.

1  Thank Zsa Zsa L