“Just OK”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Charters Towers
Brisbane, Australia
“Just OK”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The room décor was very nice, obviously it had been newly refurbished, it was very comfortable, liked the two arm chair rather than sitting on the bed. The inside of the room is better than the outside of the building, the outside is looking tied. Hate the basin/sink being outside of the bathroom. The bathroom which consists of a toilet and shower only was good except there is absolutely nowhere to put your clothes, not one hook anywhere, your choice is to lay them on the floor or lay a towel over the toilet and place them on it. I think the owner should go and have a shower there some time to experience it, hooks don't cost much. The room service meal was over the top expensive and such a small serve. Undercover parking and easy to access to your room is good.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite reception I think would be the best location
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

For $120.00 we were given a room next to the kitchen, I had to ring and ask for the radio to be turned down at 9.30pm yes I know its not late but how long was it going to go on for as the kitchen was very noisy. I woke this morning at 5.30 am with kitchen talking, vents screaming, dishing banging away, badly designed motel with rooms next to the kitchen. Would not come back.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank coromal

Travellers are raving about these Charters Towers hotels

Cairns
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed here on my first night of a road trip from Cairns to just over the S.A border. The guy who checked me in was a little ambivalent but the man I dealt with in the morning was fabulous so I'm guessing it had been a long day for the evening guy.

The room was fine. Clean, good size...CLEAN!!!!!!!! Comfy beds. I was right at the back and got no road traffic. Where I was I had this little awning thing out by my car spot from the roof and managed to smack my head on it twice before I learned to duck or go around it so tall people watch out!

Check in / check out was effortless and room service efficient.

Would definitely stay again should I find myself in Charters Towers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Moore Park Beach, Australia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We found the 2 room family unit isn't a 2 bedroom unit, so wasn't suitable for four travelling adults. On our return visit we chose 2 of the deluxe rooms, which are very nice. We liked the idea of the sink/vanity being out side the b/room. I hate washing glasses or filling the kettle in the bathroom. Rooms are clean and the deluxe rooms very modern and look to be recently renovated. Extremely helpful staff at reception and the restaurant. Meals were excellent quality and reasonably priced. Overall a great experience, good value and would return.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 for a deluxe room, definitely worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Santa Barber
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night at this motel. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. The photos of the motel are accurate.

The manager was friendly and attended to our requests promptly and in a professional manner.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scott M
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great bed and a clean room, nice start. The AC took quite a while to cool the room but it was 40C right?

Spacious room, but the AC is an old window rattler and it probably due to be replaced as rooms either side have a nice split system, so I gather it's coming soon.

Plenty tea and coffee, but UHT milk doesn't star in my favourites, sorry.

Great service by the staff and a reasonable rate.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 17 January 2014

After travelling through the outback, it was like checking in to a 5 star hotel.
The rooms are very spacious, we have stayed here before and our last room was nicer and had two rooms together which is great for families but gives mum and dad a little privacy.
This last room was nice, however, I didn't like the sink not being in the bathroom but instead in the room, plus the sink blocked when we poured some soup down, so my partner had to start fixing the plumbing. This didn't put us off and we will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business