Review Highlights
FUN DAY ON THE RIVER

My wife and I arranged a days fishing with Mark and were not disappointed, Mark was easy going and... read more

Reviewed 24 July 2018
KarlT446
Melbourne, Australia
Wow, what a great 1/2 day of fishing!

Thankyou Mark! You engaged with the kids 9 & 10 Y/O’s). We caught no less than 9+ species of fish... read more

Reviewed 23 July 2018
Jamie M
via mobile

All reviews mangrove jacks fish weather was perfect great guide endeavour river sense of humour live bait great morning his knowledge mark gt rod techniques barra skills charter reef
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

My second time round with
Mark and was even better than last year which I would have said was hard to beat. Perfect mix of river and reef fishing over two great days and will be back again next year. Thanks again for a wonderful trip Mark.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Unbelievable. Mark was an amazing guide who's local knowledge got us onto heaps of incredible fish - Barra, GT, Mackerel, Queenys, just to name a few. We will be back to fish with him again. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 22 July 2015

The trip was good and the owner Mark was great but we had 4 people on the boat fishing and with Mark l found it a bit to crowded. You could only fish in the one spot and not move around the boat. I would go with Mark again but would go private and not shared.

Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

Mark is an excellent guide with good boats and local knowledge. He found fish for me five out of five days. Visited Endeavour River,Annan River, Reef and Horseshoe Lagoon in Lakefield National Park.

1  Thank tony c
Reviewed 9 July 2015

I was in Cooktown for a couple of days, visiting from Sydney. I took my 9 year old out on a boat with Mark from Gone Fishing Cooktown. We motored out about 15 minutes into the ocean, and pretty quickly were pulling in some big queenies, a small shark and a 15kg Spanish mackerel. As a novice I don't think I would have pulled the Spaniard in without Mark's advice. Now I have memories to last a lifetime and some ripper pictures to hang up at home. Unreal morning, thanks Gone Fishing, would fully recommend to anyone.

2  Thank Tom M