“Not on the bucket list for any further visits”
Review of Cooroy Hotel

Cooroy Hotel
Ranked #10 of 25 Restaurants in Cooroy
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Runs very hot and cold with food quality. Staff are very good but it is a hit and miss with the meal that get served.

1  Thank Lauris M

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stopped in for dinner between football games at a the local Football Club. While the staff were really friendly and helpful we were pretty disappointed with the food. The men in the group all ordered Chicken Parmigiana and I had a Pizza. The chicken is supposed to be thin with ham, cheese and sauce on it. These serves were a thick piece of chicken that was oily from the deep fryer. The chips, salad and over all presentation was good though. My pizza, Meat special looked like it had yesterdays leftover roast meat on it. The base was so thin that there was no way I could pick it up without spilling the topping everywhere. It was definitely a knife and fork meal. The meals were pretty big and the price is normal for a pub.
All in all I think we will find somewhere else to eat next time we go to Cooroy.

1  Thank Anita W
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We regularly eat at the Cooroy Hotel, being locals. The daily specials are excellent e.g. $12.50 Pizza and Pasta nights on Thursday, which is our favourite, with the pizza usually winning out. The a la carte menu is extensive, and a bit pricey, and there are some excellent choices. Many of the meals are extra large. I personally haven't had a bad meal at the Cooroy Hotel, although some friends have complained. It is very open and can be crowded, so it can be very noisy, especially on Friday and Saturday nights, which we avoid. We have found the wait staff to be very helpful. Ditto the bar staff. There are some small negatives, but you have to remember it is an hotel, not a fine dining restaurant. We will continue to go.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I took my 3 boys here for dinner after rugby training.. we had dined there a few years previous and had been happy with the meals and portion sizes... the boys ordered chicken nuggets and chips - these meals were ok but not much on the plate... I ordered the $12.50 special which was chorizo and prawn spaghetti - bloody awful .... the serving was smaller than an entrée.. covered in oil ... I had 5 prawns 2 of which were cooked and the other 3 were undercooked, the chorizo was dreadful too.. my mother ordered the $12.50 special too which was fettucini cabonara with chicken - that was just bloody terrible.. it was swimming in water and looked dreadful on the plate also.. we were so hungry we had to order more food .. we ordered a pizza which was nice ... definitely not worth the money and extremely disappointing ... wont be going back there again.

2  Thank LisaTFS
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Visited this pub after hearing great reports from friends and family, but found it very disappointing. Fish meal was overcooked and greasy, the steak dumped on a pile of overcooked chips. Family members raved about the house made desserts from a previous visit, but found these to be very ordinary and obviously bought in. Won't recommend.

1  Thank louiethefly4