“A must-do for tourists”

Heritage & Interpretive Tours
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Pete was so knowledgable and friendly and answered all of my questions and there were many of them! He had no problem taking pictures for us on a hidden beach and I learned so much If I return to Australia I will most certainly be going on another of his tours he helped make my trip unforgettable
And I will never be able to thank him enough for that I highly recommend this tour. ---Suzanne

All reviews
"creek"
"nuts"
"crocodiles"

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our family of five took the heritage interpretive tour with Pete and spent the day in the Daintree Rainforest. The guided tour was informative, fun and very exciting. Pete's knowledge of the Daintree was incredible and we enjoyed the stories of his life experiences in Africa, New Guinea and Australia. We learned about edible berries, survival skills, wildlife and the uniqueness of the plants in the Daintree Rainforest and so much more. We also enjoyed the nice selection of teas, coffees and goodies included in the tour. This is a great family experience and we highly recommend it.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I can thoroughly recommend doing a tour with Pete as he is incredibly knowledgeable and interesting, as well as clearly very passionate about the Daintree. Couldn't think of a better way to explore the beautiful rainforest.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Booking Pete is advised as he is a true character. With being born and raised in Kenia, spending some 24 years in Papa New Guinea and now over fifteen years in the Rainforest he can share wonderful experiences and introduce you to survival in nature. You will learn a lot about plants, natural medicines and animal life, but be advised, that the rainforest is not crowded with birds or other big animals, hence a combination of this tour with a visit to the Port Douglas Wildlife Habitat is advisable. With Pete you will climb inside giant trees, taste ants and termites, swim in water retention of a creek, taste rainforest fruits as well as tee, fruit juice, sandwiches and wonderful cookies made by his wife, and enjoy learning about termites, Cape Tribulation, the Cassowary bird, mangroves and other attractions. He knows trails away from the touristic offers and while you should have a capacity to adjust to his special english slang the tour is worthwhile even if you catch not all of his stories.

1  Thank Lustsee
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Our day spent with Pete was absolutely the highlight of our trip to Australia. My husband and I joined another couple from Germany for a full day adventure customized to our interests. We licked ant butts, witnessed ants turning into spiders, climbed inside giant trees, spotted cassowaries, explored medicinal plants in the rainforest, all while learning a ton about the Daintree rainforest, Australia's rich history, and our guide's extraordinary life. Pete found us a beautiful private beach to eat our lunch, handmade by his adorable wife, and kept us well fed, well hydrated, and highly entertained. He went above and beyond to ensure that we had a perfect day in the rainforest.