“Great River Float with lovely Guide”

Daintree River Wild Watch
Ranked #5 of 14 Tours in Daintree
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the fabulous World Heritage tropical rainforest area of the Daintree. You can experience this beauty through the eyes and expertise of your guide, Ian "Sauce" Worcester. Ian has a real passion for this amazing natural wonderland called the Daintree River. On our Early morning or Sunset tours you will see the vast array of the unique wildlife in their natural habitat, or simply enjoy the beauty and serenity of the picturesque waters of the Daintree. Don't forget your camera!!!
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Sauce the name of the guide is a wonderful sweet and kind guide and seems to tailor the trip to what you want. We aren't Birdies but he was very good at spotting all kinds of birds and when we asked for snakes and crocodiles he found those for us too. We even saw a rare Kingfisher.
Even without the sporting just the river trip is beautiful and peaceful and quite. We did the afternoon and I hear the morning is full of even more birds. I would highly suggest this trip and I think it would be great for any age.

3  Thank Danspilo

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had been recommended Daintree River Wild Watch by one of Queensland's best birders. So our expectations were high. And I'm an older African safari guide of 30 years experience, so I know what it takes to be an informed companion to visitors. I'm also a pretty serious bird photographer that needs to know facts, history, recent discoveries etc. In short - I'm a demanding passenger!
I wasn't alone either! My 3 friends were serous naturalists as well. We don't entertain fools, cowboys or BS in any form! We hired 'Source' the guide in his small open boat for two trips, one AM and the other PM and were truly delighted by how special these two very different excursions turned out. If you like a quiet, natural history oriented and leaning experience on this beautiful river THIS IS THE OUTFIT!

3  Thank Olivertz
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This guy is superb. 'Sauce' really knows his subject and his river. He takes you to those parts of the river that you can only see from a small boat. I am a tour guide in Wales and I learnt a great deal from 'Sauce' about good practice. His quiet unassuming manner creates a wonderfully relaxed tour. Small boat and small groups I recommend 'sauce' unreservedly.

4  Thank DJB6969-13
Reviewed 28 November 2013

“Sauce” gave us a very enjoyable and relaxing evening bird watching trip on the Daintree River. He knows his birds and where they are to be found.

1  Thank CBandUB
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our two hour early morning Daintree cruise. What I liked about Ian (nickname: 'Sauce') tour is the small group size (there were only five of us + guide) and his good field skills with bird's, plants and other wildlife. I highly recommend Ian for serious birder's as well as casual observers.

5  Thank Marc A