“Tranquility Plus!”

Daintree EcoLodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Daintree
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was lucky enough to receive a Gift Voucher for my birthday and redeemed it just recently in December 2013. Although I did not stay the night, the bungalows looked wonderful nestled among the trees. I could imagine staying overnight would be a beautiful experience.

On arrival, I was welcomed by Peter at the Day Spa where I enjoyed two fantastic spa treatments including the 'Rainforest Vichy Shower' with sugar scrub and a massage.
I found Peter to have a wonderful, friendly and down to earth disposition, extremely professional and very discrete and expert at draping.

I was then treated to lunch on the balcony where Sharon attended to me with warm and friendly service without being too familiar and pushy. She was gracious enough to let me enjoy the tranquillity and quiet without skimping on attentive service. So calming to sit and take in the scene, watch the butterflies, listen to the rainforest and relax!

I also want to note the wonderful lady at Reception (feel embarrassed that I can't remember her name now) But she was extremely helpful, understanding and accommodating. She also demonstrated excellent product knowledge and obviously loves working at the Lodge.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Daintree EcoLodge & Spa

Reviewed 2 January 2014

What a wonderful place! Bungalows on stilts sheltered by the canopy of lush tropical rain forest. The forest provides shade and enough cooling so I never turned on the air con. Lying in bed at night with the ceiling fan turning lazily above me listening to the sounds of the forest was ever so peaceful. The rest of the package was fabulous too: delicious food in a wonderful setting right beside the small lagoon, attentive and friendly staff and a very relaxing massage. There is nothing more to wish for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed with my husband and inlaws (visiting from the US) for 3 nights. Had a lovely time - staff were extremely helpful and obliging and down to earth -only to happy to book us off-site activities and were extremely knowledgable - anything they didn't know were eager to find out for us straight away. Sharon even lent me some sneakers for a rainforest walk (as I hadn't brought any with me) which I didn't need in the end but appreciated the gesture all the same. The rooms and facilities themselves were clean and tidy - nothing fancy but definitely not dirty or unpleasant. Ate at the restaurant all 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our meals and wines - excellent selection! Did utilise the spa facilities also, both my husband and myself thoroughly enjoyed our treatments - thanks Peter! and thank you to all the staff for taking the time and attention to make our first experience of the Daintree so pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara B
Reviewed 21 November 2013

A lovely place to escape to. We stayed for two nights, which really is about enough time here, especially as you don't really want to be paying the prices for this lodge and spending time away from it. Perfect for getting in touch with some silence (no tourist buses - YAY!), enjoying luxury and sleeping well. The staff are friendly and down to earth, and the nature walk with an aboriginal guide was just amazing - non contrived, informative and inspiring (a total highlight - huge thanks to Linda for taking us around!).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CKertesz
Reviewed 6 November 2013

we stayed 3 nights in a Banyan. Others have commented on the musty smell and insects. They are both apparent but not unexpected in the rainforest. No different than other properties in South or Central America we've stayed at in that regard. Under new ownership and some cosmetic and structural efforts have been made already. I did not find any unsafe boardwalks. The complimentary indigenous guided nature walk was standard fare. We heard and read the same spiel over and over in the Daintree. Still the setting is excellent, little traffic, lots of birds and trees. The spa-tub on the screened deck was appreciated and plenty of water and water pressure. The queen bed was a two twins pushed together. I hate that. This is an excellent location for exploring the Daintree Park but if you are doing excursions from Port Douglas I would plan on staying in PD. Restaurant is ok, given the remote location and of the 3 we tried in the area we rate it #2. Front desk staff was very accommodating.

Room Tip: get a tub on the deck.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stopped in at the restaurant here for lunch on whim when passing by. The location is just exquisite, it's set under the rainforest canopy by a large pond. The atmosphere is one of complete calm and relaxation. The table service was personal and flawless and the chef cooked meals were absolutely delicious!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ross P
Reviewed 27 October 2013

First stop on a 5 week trip to east coast Australia - and what an experience . A truly amazing location . Rooms in need of updating but clean and comfortable , staff made us feel welcome and cared for. Food delicious but a little pricey. We had a spa package that included an very informative guided walk and a marvellously relaxing spa treatment .We had an abundance of wildlife literally on our doorstep and had a fantastic time. Would thoroughly recommend to recharge the batteries after a long trip !!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daintree
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas
Silky Oaks Lodge
Silky Oaks Lodge
#1 of 2 in Mossman
Daintree Rainforest Retreat
Daintree Wilderness Lodge
Heritage Lodge & Spa
Lync-Haven Rainforest Retreat, Cabins, Camping & Wildlife Experience

Been to Daintree EcoLodge & Spa? Share your experiences!