I was lucky enough to receive a Gift Voucher for my birthday and redeemed it just recently in December 2013. Although I did not stay the night, the bungalows looked wonderful nestled among the trees. I could imagine staying overnight would be a beautiful experience.
On arrival, I was welcomed by Peter at the Day Spa where I enjoyed two fantastic spa treatments including the 'Rainforest Vichy Shower' with sugar scrub and a massage.
I found Peter to have a wonderful, friendly and down to earth disposition, extremely professional and very discrete and expert at draping.
I was then treated to lunch on the balcony where Sharon attended to me with warm and friendly service without being too familiar and pushy. She was gracious enough to let me enjoy the tranquillity and quiet without skimping on attentive service. So calming to sit and take in the scene, watch the butterflies, listen to the rainforest and relax!
I also want to note the wonderful lady at Reception (feel embarrassed that I can't remember her name now) But she was extremely helpful, understanding and accommodating. She also demonstrated excellent product knowledge and obviously loves working at the Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa IS pure escapism. We invite you to relish romance, to respect ancient culture, and to celebrate each day restfully nestled within an ancestral destination for the healing of the spirit. The Daintree EcoLodge & Spa offers a variety of accommodation choices with welcoming and knowledgeable hosts. Retreat from the world in one of our 'bayans', a private tree house designed for two. A micro screened balcony offers stunning immersion within the rainforest, abundant with a thousand shades of green growing before your eyes. Inside, luxurious and thoughtful amenities are tailored to satisfy our guests' wishes. Resting over a lily filled lagoon is Julaymba Restaurant & Bar, a magical destination for unwinding in the ambience of deep forest. A daily menu draws inspiration from the tropical surrounds showcasing contemporary Australian cuisine while the Bar selection is curated to complement this unique dining experience. Our Wellness Spa is a sanctuary in which to serenely disconnect. A harmony of nature, nurture, wisdom and healing infuses a luxuriant treatment menu using the Li'tya pure Australian botanical range. While guests may choose never to leave our rainforest escape, Daintree EcoLodge & Spa is also the perfect base from which to explore the wonders of tropical Far North Queensland. This sun-kissed corner of Australia lures travellers from all corners, providing an exclusive opportunity to encounter adjacent World Heritage sites. Ancient rainforest and the magnificent Daintree River meet untouched coastal ranges and the calm, azure waters of the Coral Sea, home to the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Daintree EcoLodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Eco Hotel Daintree Village
- Daintree Eco Lodge And Spa
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Daintree Region, Australia