Perhaps I'm a bit harsh in giving a 3-star for this accommodation, because the location is good, the food was even better, and the staff were mostly friendly and helpful. But the property itself seems to be in need of some facelift...I felt like I came there a few years too late. The reception area/lounge/TV room looked rather spartan. The small pool was not that inviting (more like a big bathtub). And the short walking track to a small waterfall needs some clearing up (the waterfall itself is beautiful, and you can get your spa treatment there). At the beginning of the track there's also a sign pointing to a "swimming hole" but when I asked the staff, it was not recommended to swim there. So please remove/change the sign.
But the most disappointing was my room, which was probably the least private room on the property as it was on the lower level instead of being propped up high for the "treehouse" experience I was looking for. Some aspects of the room were also ill-designed. The AC unit was right beside the bed, so when it's on it's blowing cold air right at you, which could make you sick. The shower only had a small soap holder, whereas they provided the toiletries in big squeeze bottles so you have to place them on the floor. A shelf would be better. The shower head was also old and could not generate strong water pressure. The fridge door in my room was moldy, and although a kettle was provided, there was no tea/coffee bags.
This is a relatively small property and it's great for a more intimate experience (compared to, for example, Silky Oaks Lodge in Mossman), as many reviewers have testified. But in its current state, I'd rather spend $100 more and stay at Silky Oaks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa IS pure escapism. We invite you to relish romance, to respect ancient culture, and to celebrate each day restfully nestled within an ancestral destination for the healing of the spirit. The Daintree EcoLodge & Spa offers a variety of accommodation choices with welcoming and knowledgeable hosts. Retreat from the world in one of our 'bayans', a private tree house designed for two. A micro screened balcony offers stunning immersion within the rainforest, abundant with a thousand shades of green growing before your eyes. Inside, luxurious and thoughtful amenities are tailored to satisfy our guests' wishes. Resting over a lily filled lagoon is Julaymba Restaurant & Bar, a magical destination for unwinding in the ambience of deep forest. A daily menu draws inspiration from the tropical surrounds showcasing contemporary Australian cuisine while the Bar selection is curated to complement this unique dining experience. Our Wellness Spa is a sanctuary in which to serenely disconnect. A harmony of nature, nurture, wisdom and healing infuses a luxuriant treatment menu using the Li'tya pure Australian botanical range. While guests may choose never to leave our rainforest escape, Daintree EcoLodge & Spa is also the perfect base from which to explore the wonders of tropical Far North Queensland. This sun-kissed corner of Australia lures travellers from all corners, providing an exclusive opportunity to encounter adjacent World Heritage sites. Ancient rainforest and the magnificent Daintree River meet untouched coastal ranges and the calm, azure waters of the Coral Sea, home to the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Daintree EcoLodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Eco Hotel Daintree Village
- Daintree Eco Lodge And Spa
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Daintree Region, Australia