This hotel is in need of some serious upgrades if they're going to continue to charge these rates. The rooms are dated and faded. The beds are uneven and uncomfortable. The majority of the resort appears dilapidated, areas of the boardwalks are rotting and termite eaten- this level of degradation would be condemned by any building inspector as a hazard to safety. The gardens are lovely and the sound of the running creek is soothing but it didn't make up for the disappointing facilities. When we complained we were advised to 'remember where we are'. Ha! You mean a 30 minute drive on a bitumen highway from Port Douglas? We live on an island off the northern tip of Australia and my bathroom here is better appointed than these rooms. It's clear that the tourism industry in qld has suffered for many years but that does not excuse charging high prices for substandard rooms. The staff seemed incredulous at our disappointment and gave us an upgrade... But even the upgraded room seemed shabby for the discounted cost.
The bathrobes in our room were hilariously old and well used- not appealing. My towel had a huge hole in it.... By this stage I had to laugh at how truly bad the standard of this place is.
We originally looked at staying in the Daintree rainforest closer to the beaches but chose this place as we were looking for a lttle luxury. So disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa IS pure escapism. We invite you to relish romance, to respect ancient culture, and to celebrate each day restfully nestled within an ancestral destination for the healing of the spirit. The Daintree EcoLodge & Spa offers a variety of accommodation choices with welcoming and knowledgeable hosts. Retreat from the world in one of our 'bayans', a private tree house designed for two. A micro screened balcony offers stunning immersion within the rainforest, abundant with a thousand shades of green growing before your eyes. Inside, luxurious and thoughtful amenities are tailored to satisfy our guests' wishes. Resting over a lily filled lagoon is Julaymba Restaurant & Bar, a magical destination for unwinding in the ambience of deep forest. A daily menu draws inspiration from the tropical surrounds showcasing contemporary Australian cuisine while the Bar selection is curated to complement this unique dining experience. Our Wellness Spa is a sanctuary in which to serenely disconnect. A harmony of nature, nurture, wisdom and healing infuses a luxuriant treatment menu using the Li'tya pure Australian botanical range. While guests may choose never to leave our rainforest escape, Daintree EcoLodge & Spa is also the perfect base from which to explore the wonders of tropical Far North Queensland. This sun-kissed corner of Australia lures travellers from all corners, providing an exclusive opportunity to encounter adjacent World Heritage sites. Ancient rainforest and the magnificent Daintree River meet untouched coastal ranges and the calm, azure waters of the Coral Sea, home to the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Daintree EcoLodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Eco Lodge And Spa
- Daintree Eco Hotel Daintree Village
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Daintree Region, Australia