As previous guests of various Peppers Resorts, Blue On Blue fell very short of our expectations.
The resort does not have lifts and seven flights of stairs to get from the car park to the room is far from ideal for a family - both for unloading/loading luggage, but also for day-to-day ease in getting both the children and pram up and down the stairs. We requested a ground floor 2-bed unit but were informed they only manage two and neither were available. Make sure you request this in advance if you are travelling with little ones.
Of more concern for us was the standard of the room with which we were extremely disappointed in for both its cleanliness and facilities.
- Within 30mins of walking around the suite barefoot our feet were black.
- Both the couch and outdoor cushions were noticeably stained.
- The air conditioning did not work.
- The shower head in the bathroom was obviously clogged as water was not free-flowing from it.
- The room did not contain a room service nor spa brochure.
- It was disappointing to find that there was no children's television on offer - neither ABC Kids or Nickelodeon.
Lastly, the buffet breakfast menu did not change at all over our 7 day stay. One morning we asked for poached eggs instead of scrambled (as the wait staff had indicated this was possible) and by the look on the chefs face it was clear this was not something he was happy being asked for!
We initially chose Peppers many years ago based on feedback from family friends and subsequently using Trip Advisor. As a result, we have stayed at many of the Resorts in the chain and have always found them to be a 'safe' choice for our family holiday. The size of the rooms, quality of the facilities, and staff service have always made for an enjoyable holiday. Unfortunately this holiday presented too many issues for us to confidently choose Peppers again in the future, let alone recommend it.
I have also emailed feedback on our stay to the resort directly and one week on I have not received any reply. This combined with the fact that while we were there we mentioned our dissatisfaction on numerous occasions to hotel staff and nothing was done about it for us indicates a clear lack of care and consideration for paying guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peppers Blue on Blue Resort offers luxury accommodation overlooking the Magnetic Island marina and ferry terminal. Set in tropical landscaped surrounds with beautiful marina and mountain views the resort redefines the essence of island holidays on Queenslands magical Magnetic Island. Peppers Blue on Blue includes contemporary yet timelessly designed guest rooms including resort style suites and one, two and three bedroom apartments. Fully embracing its waterfront location, the resort's sleekly decorated suites boast sun drenched balconies with some featuring private plunge pools. All rooms feature free WIFI (up to 500MB), free movies, air conditioning, balcony, bathrobes, coffee/tea making facilities, flat screen TV, CD/DVD player, surround sound system, daily housekeeping service, laundry facilities, bath, hairdryer, direct dial telephone/voice mail, iron and ironing board, alarm clock/radio, mini bar, room service and movies on demand. All apartments excluding standard Hotel and Studio Rooms include a kitchen or kitchenette. Throughout the year Magnetic Island boasts fantastic weather making it the ideal place to get outdoors and take part in the abundant leisure activities available. For those who just want to relax, the endota spa combines the islands serene surrounds with the perfect blend of luxury to offer an extensive menu of treatments while the vast outdoor resort pool is the perfect destination to chill out and sip on a cocktail. Making its home at the resort is the Boardwalk Restaurant & Bar, a gourmets paradise which offers the freshest tropical menu and fine wine selection. The restaurant features a massive outdoor deck, ideal for embracing the classic Queensland climate. All windows and doors of this sleek and contemporary restaurant can be opened for a seamless transition between traditional and alfresco dining options. Magnetic Island offers a unique blend of national parks, untouched tropical beaches and bays all within easy reach of the resort. Bushwalking tracks provide an ideal opportunity to see the Australian wilderness and wildlife in its natural habitat while Magnetic Island as part of the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef offers numerous aquatic activities and sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Peppers Blue On Blue Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Blue On Blue Hotel Magnetic Island
- Peppers Blue On Hotel
- Peppers Blue On Resort