“A huge surprise!!”
Review of Black Marlin Motel

Black Marlin Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Innisfail
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Recently my 3 small children and myself had the pleasure of staying at the Black Marlin for 2 nights whilst visiting friends in Innisfail. As you can imagine travelling with small children is a nightmare, new places/ sensory overload etc, but the Manager Sue made both my children and I feel like a member of the family. She cooked us a beautiful breakfast both mornings and supplied the children with extra cookies, ( to their complete delight). The kids couldn't get enough of the pool, and I was ecstatic to discover the free wi-fi, (kids + iPads = quiet time). The rooms were beautifully decorated, very clean, and very comfortable. Overall we had a great stay and I am more than happy to recommend this hotel to anyone travelling through Innisfail. The only negative is that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Black Marlin Motel

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am a regular traveller that lives in transient accommodation approx. every two weeks, so my experiences with top quality service, rooms, facilities, food and friendly staff are varied. I must congratulate Susan and husband (Owners) on all of the above. I was welcomed as soon as I arrived and was relieved to walk into - my appealing, comfortable, modern and well appointed room that felt like I was right at home. Breakfasts incredible, Dinners even more amazing - I looked forward to clocking off from work because I found myself daydreaming about the culinary delights that Sue was preparing after a long day. Thank you again to you both for a fabulous stay and your hospitality was unrivalled. Now that I'm HOOKED onto "The Black Marlin) pardon the pun - I look forward to returning again very soon. Sincerely Ryan

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Fantastic motel in a great location, lovely fresh clean rooms. Recently renovated. The staff are very helpful & friendly.
Definitely a winner :-)
Innisfail is in a beautiful part of the country, so many hidden gems to see :-)

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at the Black Marlin last week for 2 nights with my two sons. The accommodation was pleasant, comfortable and very clean, it appeared to have new furnishings and the service was second to none. The lovely manager there Susan was kind and very approachable, helping to direct me and my boys about town and cooking us perfect breakfast's as well.
The managers were also very nice a social (without being nosey - I hate that!) while we were swimming and also invited my eldest boys to watch The State of Origin with them (very welcoming as my son is a die hard and very loud football fan), and their grandson. This sort of niceness is seldom seen these days. Overall L O V E L Y S T A Y @ T H E B L A C K M A R L I N M O T E L!

Room Tip: There was no restaurant, but the breakfast we had was delicious.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa L
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was recently in Innisfail on business and stayed at the Black Marlin Motel.
Upon check in the staff were extremely friendly and also steered me in the right direction for some fantastic local seafood.
The room was newly furnished and very clean and comfortable.
An absolutely fantastic motel to stay in and so close to everything.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank tony w
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We booked the Black Marlin Motel on line via Wotif. Boy did we luck out. The motel is inder new management and what great managers.Simon and Veronica Fish are the new managers and they make you feel so welcomed from the moment you arrive. they themselves have only been there a few months but talking to others staying, there have been big changes. I found the rooms to be spotless, large and very comfortable. When asked where to eat , Veronica, gave clear directions and even recommended lace she and her husband eat at. The most amazing thing for me was that , after travelling for 4 days and having a mound of washing, Veronica offered to wash our clothes for us as the laudrymat near by was closed. She not only washed and dried them, she folded them and returned them to our room. Now that is going way over guest service. Highly recommend a stay at the Black Marlin, close to every thing with exceptional hosts.

Room Tip: None needed- all rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lea B
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Innisfail is not blessed with many hotels and motels so if you are looking for a decent place to stay get there early or you will be left will lots of places where you would not want to stay.

The Black Marlin is one of those. It is located in a somewhat commercial area. The manager was not on site and apparently this is quite common. We had to call him in Cairns to find out if he had any rooms available. We were told to get the key to a room from the safe (he provided the combination) so we could check it out. We did, and found the room to be quite grubby. We wasted no time in getting out of the place.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BCtourists
Susan M, Owner at Black Marlin Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

So very sorry that your experience with Black Marlin Motel was less than pleasant.
Fortunately Myself and my husband as owners are back in control of the Motel. It has been refurbished with all new furnishings, linen, decorations and WIFI. We have had positive feedback and we are certain anyone staying with us in future will enjoy their stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Innisfail
Sanctuary Retreat
#3 of 3 in Innisfail
Barrier Reef Motel Innisfail
Innisfail Accommodation Centre
Flying Fish Point Tourist Park

Been to Black Marlin Motel? Share your experiences!