“Overnight Stay for Townsville to Cairns Bike Ride”
Review of Black Marlin Motel

Black Marlin Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Innisfail
Townsville, Australia
“Overnight Stay for Townsville to Cairns Bike Ride”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

A great place to stay. We were part of the Townsville to Cairns Bike ride which stopped overnight in Innisfail. Excellent value for money. Good clean rooms and friendly owners. We were able to wash the riders cycling clothes that were wet and filthy from the rain and highway grime without having to wait at a laundromat and without additional cost. We have booked back next year and highly recommend staying here if you are staying in Innisfail.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Susan M, Owner at Black Marlin Motel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We feel happy and proud that you and your team enjoyed your stay with us. Nothing is too much trouble for our guests especially since you and your team put so much effort into raising money for such a good cause.
All going to plan you will find a few more pleasant surprises on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night as we were in Innisfail for a Netball Carnival. The Owners were extremely welcoming and friendly. The rooms are recently refurbished and are furnished well. The room whilst compact had everything you need with a table and chairs, TV, mini fridge and storage/clothes rack. Good value for money and comfortable beds. Sue (Owner) even washed our uniforms for the next day. Nice touch with the Rocky Road chocolates as small welcoming treat. Would definitely stay again and recommend to all staying in Innisfail.

Stayed July 2014
Susan M, Owner at Black Marlin Motel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know that you enjoyed your stay with Black Marlin Motel. We very much appreciate your comments.
Our aim is to give our guests a pleasant, comfortable experience and a great nights sleep.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It had been close to 10 years since my last stay at the Black Marlin, and it was a pleasant surprise to find Sue & Col back at the helm. The newly furbished rooms are great. Sue does great meals, tasty and filling! Cut lunches for us workers also hit the spot. Hope we can get some more work down that way so we get to stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Kevin T
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at Black Marlin for 1 night on a driving holiday. Innisfail is in beautiful part of Queensland. A shock when we first saw Motel but rooms very clean & beds comfortable.
The owner extremely helpful. Recommended a very good restaurant nearby.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mareeba, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Recently my 3 small children and myself had the pleasure of staying at the Black Marlin for 2 nights whilst visiting friends in Innisfail. As you can imagine travelling with small children is a nightmare, new places/ sensory overload etc, but the Manager Sue made both my children and I feel like a member of the family. She cooked us a beautiful breakfast both mornings and supplied the children with extra cookies, ( to their complete delight). The kids couldn't get enough of the pool, and I was ecstatic to discover the free wi-fi, (kids + iPads = quiet time). The rooms were beautifully decorated, very clean, and very comfortable. Overall we had a great stay and I am more than happy to recommend this hotel to anyone travelling through Innisfail. The only negative is that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Brisbane, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am a regular traveller that lives in transient accommodation approx. every two weeks, so my experiences with top quality service, rooms, facilities, food and friendly staff are varied. I must congratulate Susan and husband (Owners) on all of the above. I was welcomed as soon as I arrived and was relieved to walk into - my appealing, comfortable, modern and well appointed room that felt like I was right at home. Breakfasts incredible, Dinners even more amazing - I looked forward to clocking off from work because I found myself daydreaming about the culinary delights that Sue was preparing after a long day. Thank you again to you both for a fabulous stay and your hospitality was unrivalled. Now that I'm HOOKED onto "The Black Marlin) pardon the pun - I look forward to returning again very soon. Sincerely Ryan

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Fantastic motel in a great location, lovely fresh clean rooms. Recently renovated. The staff are very helpful & friendly.
Definitely a winner :-)
Innisfail is in a beautiful part of the country, so many hidden gems to see :-)

• Stayed June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Innisfail
Sanctuary Retreat
Castaways Resort & Spa Mission Beach
Goondi Hill Hotel
Goondi Hill Hotel
#5 of 6 in Innisfail

Been to Black Marlin Motel? Share your experiences!