Barrier Reef Motel Innisfail
Moondarra Motel Innisfail(Innisfail)(Great Value!)
Sanctuary Retreat(Bingil Bay)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$54
  • Pool
Castaways Resort & Spa Mission Beach(Mission Beach)(Great Value!)
US$126
Tully Motel(Tully)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$86
  • Restaurant
Malanda Lodge Motel(Malanda)(Great Value!)
US$96
Curtain Fig Motel(Yungaburra)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Pool
Blue Summit Hideaway(Yungaburra)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$138
Orbitz.com
Allumbah Pocket Cottages(Yungaburra)(Great Value!)
US$97
Orbitz.com
Eden House Retreat(Yungaburra)(Great Value!)
US$97
Black Marlin Motel(Innisfail)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstayed herean overnight stayroom was cleanfeel very welcomeblackout curtainsreturn visitlittle thingsone nightexcellent accommodationundercover parkingparonella parkclose to towngreat place to stayroad noisefree wifimoteljoanne
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of nights and was very comfortable. The service was outstanding, and the rooms are clean.

The bed was comfortable and was nice to sleep on.

Will certainly stay here again next time I'm in Innisfail.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our recent holiday. We had just had a very long day of traveling so when we finally arrived it was lovely to receive such a warm welcome. The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable.
Overall we were very impressed and would definitely recommend and stay at this motel again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I had planned to stay at the barrier reef for a week but had to cut my stay short for personal reasons. However, I was dissapointed to leave. The rooms are clean and although basic, they have everything you need. Most importantly the beds are very comfortable and the shower is wonderful! The little restaurant is nice and the staff at the motel are really friendly and helpful. Overall this is an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: I am sure the rooms are all pretty similar.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I was lucky enough to book in the night before I arrived and managed to grab their last room. Over the phone, the Motel Manager was friendly and informative, checking I had no problem with stairs and confirming they had internet. All my details were double checked and when I arrived for chedk in, everything was spot on. The room held a Queen size bed and two single beds, had a tiled floor and was clean and tidy. The night I stayed, the weather was heavy rain all the time and it wasn't difficult to get from the room to the restaurant and stay dry. Dinner in the on-site restaurant was superb and I had the best barramundi I've had in a long, long time. It was very easy to stay and feel like part of the furniture and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to stay overnight or for a few days.

Room Tip: Only a few rooms are up stairs and the traffic can get a little noisy at the front of the property so if you are a light sleeper, request a room at the rear of the property.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Brissiegurl
Barrierreefmotel, Owner at Barrier Reef Motel Innisfail, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We try to give special service to our guests. Glad you enjoyed the Barramundi. We are happy to look after guests who are sensitive to noise by accommodating them in rooms away from the highway.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Perhaps other reviewers have not stayed at many motels along the considerably remote north east coast, but I have and this was by far the best.

Staff were at reception when I dropped in with no booking due to bad weather around 9pm. I was amazed. I was scared and upset and was made comfortable by a complete stranger. I felt so glad that such nice people are still around.

I was pleasantly surprised to find my single booking only cost 110 and had wireless.

I entered the room to find it very well kept - it is obviously cleaned thoroughly regularly, which is not as common in north Queensland as one might hope.

Additionally I found that some thought andeffort had been put into the colour choices of the room. Nice dark blues, beige and bright clean white with warm timbers created the calming atmosphere I needed. The comfortable bed and modern air conditioning helped me to get the good sleep I needed. This high level of thought regarding atmosphere is very uncommon among old motels. Even their newly built competitors in the region have not done so well.

It is old, but it sets a standard of the level of comfort that can be achieved with the old style basic motels.

The car park is easily accessed even with large vehicles, and anyone who considers it a haul to roll their luggage a maximum of 10 meters needs to move more. You can even park out of the rain while at reception.

Definitely the best place in Innisfail.

• Stayed: March 2013
Barrierreefmotel, Owner at Barrier Reef Motel Innisfail, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you for your encouraging comments.

We endeavour to respond to our customers needs and are continually looking at ways to improve their experience.