“Huge Meals”

Nanna McGinn's Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Reviewed 29 September 2013

After visiting the cheese factory decided to look for a cafe for lunch and came across Nanna McGinn's. Large menu, hard decisions to make both opted for the Chicken, Avocado Sandwich. Couldn't believe the size when placed in front of us, one sandwich could have easily been shared between us, equivalent to at least 2 normal size sandwiches. We struggled through by not eating our crusts (no curly hair for us), so full we couldn't return to the cheese factory for the ice creams we had planned to have. Good value for $21, would return but only have one sandwich between us.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Visited Nanna McGinn's Coffee Shop yesterday morning with my family. Asked for a large hot flat white in take-away container. It did not taste like coffee - thin and watery. I went to the counter and politely enquired that this does not seem like a flat white coffee with all milk, Leanne - the owner - without caring to look up and make eye contact said bluntly, "IT'S ALL MILK" and just walked away. For a moment I thought that she was not the owner because an owner of a business would listen and try to resolve any complaint. Not wanting to make a fuss and spoil my day I paid and left.

This morning I made the effort to personally speak with Leanne over the phone. Unfortunately the same arrogance and denial filtered through which plagues so many businesses in the service industry. I should know because I have been running restaurants for over 25 years.

To top it all we did not notice one smile from any of the Nanna McGinn's Coffee Shop staff team or the owner for all of the 40 odd minutes we were sitting there. Not a happy mix.

My advice - for a caring experience go elsewhere.

7  Thank DexThomas