“"My stay at lake Sommerset Holiday Park"”

Lake Somerset Holiday Park
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed in a lake View cabin for 4 nights.
I found the staff very helpful and friendly
The cabin was clean and stocked with everything u need possible didn't have to take anything other than clothes and food. In the evenings I spent most of my time on the back deck overlooking the lake enjoying a few drinks. I walked around the park and if u have a caravan, motorhome or tent the park certainly has the space to accommodate. I took my jet-ski to Lake Somerset and the boat ramps were a nice gentle slope which I have a sedan car and had no problems getting my jet-ski off and onto the trailer had a great time. I definitely go back again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at Lake Somerset Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at Lake Somerset Holiday Park. It is wonderful to hear that you found our Lakeview Villa was ideal for a comfortable and relaxing holiday, and that you enjoyed some time on the beautiful Lake.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a great 4 days at Lake Sommerset Holiday Park, found staff very helpful and friendly.
Ammenties were clean and quite new. Fishing was great plenty of fish. We would definately go
there again.We had our own camper and there is plenty of room for powered and unpowered vans, camper trailers and tents.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian C

Thank you for coming to stay with us, and for writing this lovely review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our location and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

Congratulations on the catch! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed in a Lake View cabin for 4 nights. This the second time we have stayed at Somerset Holiday Park and have always enjoyed our time there. The cabins are comfortable, clean and stocked with every utensil imaginable for cooking indoors or a barbecue . Even though I don't fish my husband enjoyed going out in the boat with friends. I was happy to go for a walk around the lake and to sit on the verandah reading. Nights were spent sitting around the fire after dinner having a few drinks and a laugh. People who stay there are relaxed and it is easy to make friends. Staff are very helpful This is a great holiday spot for anyone who enjoys boating or fishing. If you have a kayak take it with you it is a magical place and safe.

Room Tip: If you are not in a caravan or camping the Lake View cabins are a great option . Might be a bit exp...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at Lake Somerset Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Sounds like you had a pretty amazing experience at Lake Somerset! We appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a third visit!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

It was awesome! Had two nights and 3 days there absoulte lovely would defintaly reccomend it to anyone :) Its great just to sit around the fire with marshmellows and relax, and the fishing was great! Well go again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at Lake Somerset Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for leaving this great review and recommendation!

We are delighted to read you had such a wonderful experience staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you visit again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Going here for the first time I was a bit nervous about the crowd factor due to the fact we usually camp up the beach on our own & being Easter, I wasn't let down by the volume of people coming in. After getting my head around the whole thing & having a few beers I started to relax. The kids had a great time & it was good to just let them go & do their thing. We caught red claw & kayaked ect & overall had a good time, Would we go back, yes but on a quieter weekend

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at Lake Somerset Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

We appreciate you leaving this lovely review of your recent stay. We are pleased to see that you were able to relax and enjoy your holiday, and that the kids had such a great time!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was my first time and I enjoyed it but it would be better suited to those who love to do anything on the water, like boating, fishing, jetskiing etc. I don't have a boat and I don't like fishing so there wasn't much for me to do. There is free putt putt for the kids which is great. They have a shop and sell ice so you can get anything you need there, and Kilcoy is only a 5 minute drive up the road. It is also about 40kms from Caboolture.

I camped with my son and a friend and her daughter. The facilities were good, plenty of showers and toilets around, a playground, and a BBQ area. It was noisy at night, people talking and playing music and babies crying and people coughing so if you are a light sleeper, take ear plugs!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at Lake Somerset Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your recent stay at Lake Somerset Holiday Park. We are pleased you had an enjoyable experience despite not making it out on to the Lake; sometimes it is just nice to put your feet up and relax while enjoying the views!

We hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We were amongst the thousands of people there this Easter - never again! Two showers and 3 toilets to service our area (there were others in the park of similar size) that comprised of hundreds of people. They were only cleaned once daily and were often out of paper and soap. I used the handicap access shower whilst they cleaned the ladies (after waiting half an hour) and the only hook to hang a towel was above the sanitary disposal bin. There was nowhere to put my clothes other than on the toilet - yuck, yuck, yuck!
The brochures talk of strict rules but no one enforces them - the campers behind us were loud until 4am.During the day a guy had sub woofers in the back of his car duff duffing all day. Another lad did a lap of honor at 9pm with very loud duff duffing.

1  Thank roses29
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at Lake Somerset Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

We were extremely disappointed to read about your experience, and appreciate providing this feedback so that we may utilise it in our continued efforts to improve our services.

We were quite busy over Easter and knowing we would be at peak occupancy, we hired 10 extra showers and toilets for the campers. We had hoped that this would be adequate for the increased number of guests, however it is apparent it was not and we apologise for this. If you do return to the park, we would invite you to set up your camp site closer to one of the 4 other amenities blocks that are in the park.

We are very sorry that noise from neighbouring guests impacted on your stay, as we certainly do not wish for this to be the case for any of our guests. Our park managers do their best to police excessive noise between 10pm and 6am, however in busy times such as Easter they can be assisted in addressing noise complaints by guests contacting them on the after-hours number that is available at reception.

Thank you again for providing this feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilcoy
Weltevreden Domes Retreat
Dayboro Cottages & Llama Walks
No photo provided
Exchange Hotel Toogoolawah
#1 of 2 in Toogoolawah
Kilcoy Gardens Motor Inn

Been to Lake Somerset Holiday Park? Share your experiences!