“Would stay there again!”

Burke & Wills Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kingaroy
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Very pleasant place to stay. We had one of the rooms down the side which was lovely and clean and the bed was comfy. We stayed on a Saturday night and the road traffic was not an issue. By 9 pm it was very quiet!! I don't think a car went past all night.
Very impressed with the restaurant, great choices on the menu and the staff were helpful and attentive.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer ones that back onto the side road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was a stopover for us. The room was clean and warm. It had free wifi and tea and coffee facilities. It had a large TV and a lovely shower. It was close to the centre of town. The staff were very helpful, they came to the room when we phoned reception and nothing was a bother to them. They gave us instructions for the way back to the highway. I would go there again if I went to Kingaroy again. Again we could park our car outside the room. We had dinner at the RSL and that was good for value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed here recently on a Sunday after a rally had been in town. I was told there was not a lot of rooms avail because they had not been cleaned yet. At 6pm? Saving money on weekend rates? I walked in with a walking stick and was given a very small room with the smallest 'queen bed' I have ever seen. It was the furthermost room from the reception that you could get. I was dismayed to see a bath/shower combo but struggled with using it despite limited mobility as I was so tired. Stood for 5 mins waiting for hot water to discover the taps were installed wrong way around. The hot was cold and vice versa. Tried to get the austar tv working according to the instructions only to call staff who said that those instructions were wrong and were from the old system and the man fixed the problem.
Looked at the menu for the restaurant which was very expensive and went to the Kingaroy RSL. Better value. On checkout I mentioned the tap problems and the small bed and was told that that's the way it was built 30 years ago and the lady didn't seem to care.
They had my money so who gives a rats? I will NEVER stay there again. I felt like I was the explorer at the Burke and Wills.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for better value.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We found the front office staff very helpful and efficient in booking in and departing.
Great portioned farm style breakfast next day and all facilities were clean and functioned fine.
The location was really close to the Kingaroy RSL where the meals were very reasonable and had plenty of choice on offer didn't have a chance to try the restaurant at the motel out as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Rooms are small but the bed seemed ok.

Cost of meals in the restaurant seemed very high for a country town and If you had a 3 course meal you would not get any change out of $70 per person.

The shower in my room was dreadful. The water would not stay a constant temperature and would vary between cold and scalding hot within 5 seconds, then back again to cold. I have stayed in several different rooms and all of the showers do this.

The walls between the units were paper thin and you could hear the person in the room next to you going to the toilet.

Definitely not staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
BWKingaroy, Manager at Burke & Wills Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

We at the Burke and Wills would like to apologize for your stay being unpleasant.
Since your stay we have installed a brand new hot water system and have upgraded the amount of water pressure.
We do appreciate your feedback
Thanks, Michael

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed here whilst on business in Kingaroy. The rooms are a generous size however the decor is a bit aged but I cannot fault the cleanliness,value and how quiet it was .Its a short walk to everything in the township of Kingaroy and worth staying here

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We just returned from spending 2 nights at the Burke & Wills Motor Inn. My husband had to go to Kingaroy for work so I decided to tag along. The motel was an excellent place to stay as it was close to everything, walking distance to the shops and local attractions. The motel was clean and the rooms were spacious with all mod cons including heating. There is ample parking space and room service was available. We didn't dine in the restaurant as the RSL was just over the road, but had room service breakfast on both mornings & the food was fresh and tasty. There is so much to do in the area and will return next time my husband goes for work. Overall happy to recommend. My only complaint was I asked the night before for a later check out and was told no. I wouldn't have thought an extra half an hour was too much to ask given we paid $170 per night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business