“The standard all accommodation providers should aspire to...”

Ascot Lodge Motor Inn Kingaroy
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kingaroy
Toowoomba, Australia
“The standard all accommodation providers should aspire to...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

In town for the Kingaroy football (soccer) 7s tournament our team had stayed here before, though this was my first stay. The hosts are delightful & will do whatever the can to help, the rooms are super spotless, bed was super comfortable & is in a quiet location. The only small negative is that it is about a 5 min walk from town (2 min in car), but that is being picky & is the reason why it is so peaceful. A fantastic place & highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013
rosanneeastmond, Manager at Ascot Lodge Motor Inn Kingaroy, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Our TEAM at the Ascot Lodge Motor Inn work hard to make sure everything is at a level that is expected from 4 star establishments.

We look forward to welcoming you again next soccer tournament.

Regards
Barbara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

I've been working out west during the week for the past two months and the hardest thing is being away from home. This place has been so wonderful to stay at - the rooms are clean & well equipped, the beds are sssoooo comfy (an absolute must!) and where do I even start about the staff? Mary & Rob are warm & caring and their home cooked meals as room service are delightful (and saved me from crumbed steak & chips for 2 months). I cannot recommend this place highly enough. I almost don't want to go back to my real home (almost).

• Stayed August 2012
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

I totally disagree with the last comment, I've stayed there twice and on both occasions have had no problems with the showers. As for the credit charge almost every accomodation place charges a surcharge and it is on full view on the desk, as I noticed it. I have never had any noise problems and I was given a room quite close to the road. The Managers showed nothing but full consideration and great country hospitality. I will recomend this motel to all my friends.
It is also in walking distance to the CBD and across the road from the RSL.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Mooloolaba, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

The room was clean on arrival, however there was no hotwater for a shower the next morning, this being in a time of the year when kingaroy is still chilly left me quite uncomfortable. We could hear through the walls and sleep was difficult. Upon check out we were charged a credit card surcharge which was not mentioned on the booking confirmation information, the woman in the office made me feel I was being petty by mentioning it.If we were informed upon booking of this we would have paid by other means. I found this to be unprofessional and quite irratating. After now reading other reviews of this motel I also have the opinion I would rather sleep in a pile of manure.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
rosanneeastmond, Manager at Ascot Lodge Motor Inn Kingaroy, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
It is very disappointing you had cold water, however......... we were not to know, as you did not tell us - we would have tried to rectify the problem. Credit Card charges - these are clearly shown on the counter at the Motel - when you were checking out, I did omit to tell you, for which I am sorry, but as I remember, we were talking at the time regarding the "interconnecting" door - and the noise coming from the other room - we were going to recommend to the owner to make these Fire doors, to stop the noise issue - hence I totally forgot to tell you about the credit card surcharge as I normally do to all guests. I most certainly did not make you sound 'petty' - I actually thought we had a reasonable conversation and it certainly is not in my nature to be "unprofessional". As for your remark to "sleeping in a pile of manure" - that was totally uncalled for............. this is a lovely Motel, which we take good care of, a good reputation has been built up - it would be a dreadful shame if you destroyed it, with your inappropriate remarks.
Kind regards, Management.
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were a bus tour group from a retirement village and the new owner Rosanne and new manager Mary extended personal country hospitality in a way that was warm and inviting and made us all feel as though we were "one of the family" ...the atmosphere could not have been nicer . The new owner/management team have revitalized this lovely motel ... we would certainly recommend a stay here !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
rosanneeastmond, Owner at Ascot Lodge Motor Inn Kingaroy, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
As new owners and management we were delighted to have been of assistance. We welcome all new guests particularly those coming to Kingaroy over weekends to enjoy the many aspects of our country town and surrounding areas.