“Awesome Ascot”

Ascot Lodge Motor Inn Kingaroy
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kingaroy
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stay at the Ascot every month when in Kingaroy for work and I've yet to be disappointed by the accommodation or the food in the restaurant. The management is excellent and the welcome is always very friendly and personal. Real value for money and those extra touches of shoe cleaning boxes and windscreen wash buckets give this motel the edge.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
rosanneeastmond, Manager at Ascot Lodge Motor Inn Kingaroy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you very much for this review. Everyone on our TEAM as the ASCOT LODGE MOTOR INN take a lot of pride in their work and I shall certainly pass on your comments. We are especially proud of our restaurant and our Chef so once again it was nice to read your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Kingaroy.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

The bed was the most comfortable as I've ever slept in plenty of room beautiful clean showers plenty of hot water couldn't recommend any better place to stay It was winter time and it was very cold outside but very comfortable inside

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
rosanneeastmond, Manager at Ascot Lodge Motor Inn Kingaroy, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Marilyn,

Thank you for your great comments. Our TEAM at the Ascot Lodge Motor Inn work hard to make sure every guest enjoys their stay and look forward to repeat visits.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 April 2013

On arrival at Ascot Lodge we were greeted by a friendly helpful manager who proved most helpful with directions and such. On entering the room we were impressed with the layout and the clean tidy room. It prove to be a quiet restful stay and we will certainly use this accommodation again when passing through town.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KevinSunshineCoast
rosanneeastmond, Manager at Ascot Lodge Motor Inn Kingaroy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments. We have a great TEAM at the Ascot Lodge Motor Inn and everyone tries very hard to keep this motel at the top. When we get comments back from our guests we know that everything is working so once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Kingaroy.

Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

In town for the Kingaroy football (soccer) 7s tournament our team had stayed here before, though this was my first stay. The hosts are delightful & will do whatever the can to help, the rooms are super spotless, bed was super comfortable & is in a quiet location. The only small negative is that it is about a 5 min walk from town (2 min in car), but that is being picky & is the reason why it is so peaceful. A fantastic place & highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. Our TEAM at the Ascot Lodge Motor Inn work hard to make sure everything is at a level that is expected from 4 star establishments.

We look forward to welcoming you again next soccer tournament.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I've been working out west during the week for the past two months and the hardest thing is being away from home. This place has been so wonderful to stay at - the rooms are clean & well equipped, the beds are sssoooo comfy (an absolute must!) and where do I even start about the staff? Mary & Rob are warm & caring and their home cooked meals as room service are delightful (and saved me from crumbed steak & chips for 2 months). I cannot recommend this place highly enough. I almost don't want to go back to my real home (almost).

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I totally disagree with the last comment, I've stayed there twice and on both occasions have had no problems with the showers. As for the credit charge almost every accomodation place charges a surcharge and it is on full view on the desk, as I noticed it. I have never had any noise problems and I was given a room quite close to the road. The Managers showed nothing but full consideration and great country hospitality. I will recomend this motel to all my friends.
It is also in walking distance to the CBD and across the road from the RSL.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The room was clean on arrival, however there was no hotwater for a shower the next morning, this being in a time of the year when kingaroy is still chilly left me quite uncomfortable. We could hear through the walls and sleep was difficult. Upon check out we were charged a credit card surcharge which was not mentioned on the booking confirmation information, the woman in the office made me feel I was being petty by mentioning it.If we were informed upon booking of this we would have paid by other means. I found this to be unprofessional and quite irratating. After now reading other reviews of this motel I also have the opinion I would rather sleep in a pile of manure.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
rosanneeastmond, Manager at Ascot Lodge Motor Inn Kingaroy, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

It is very disappointing you had cold water, however......... we were not to know, as you did not tell us - we would have tried to rectify the problem. Credit Card charges - these are clearly shown on the counter at the Motel - when you were checking out, I did omit to tell you, for which I am sorry, but as I remember, we were talking at the time regarding the "interconnecting" door - and the noise coming from the other room - we were going to recommend to the owner to make these Fire doors, to stop the noise issue - hence I totally forgot to tell you about the credit card surcharge as I normally do to all guests. I most certainly did not make you sound 'petty' - I actually thought we had a reasonable conversation and it certainly is not in my nature to be "unprofessional". As for your remark to "sleeping in a pile of manure" - that was totally uncalled for............. this is a lovely Motel, which we take good care of, a good reputation has been built up - it would be a dreadful shame if you destroyed it, with your inappropriate remarks.
Kind regards, Management.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingaroy
Burke & Wills Motor Inn
Peppertree Cabins
Peppertree Cabins
#2 of 8 in Kingaroy
Copper Country Motor Inn

Been to Ascot Lodge Motor Inn Kingaroy? Share your experiences!