“Relaxing stay, good steak.”

Malanda Lodge Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Malanda
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I’ve stayed here on a number of occasions now and have always enjoyed my it. The rooms are nice a quiet, clean and comfortable. Restaurant and the service are great and I enjoy going to dinner when I’m here. I would recommend this place to anyone that wanted a nice place to sleep and a good meal.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 June 2014

There is a lot to be said about customer service and the impact it can have on a business ???
My husband and I recently stayed at Malanda Lodge with friends on 20/5/14 at first I thought this is a nice place, 'Wrong', checked in by a very rude and arrogant man who made us feel like we were a inconvenience. After settling into our room went back to the office to get some local information on the location of a chemist only to be belittled by the man at the desk and laughed and snickered at by two other men in the office I assume employees of the Lodge. If we hadn't been travelling with friends who had booked Lodge we would have left and found a alternative accommodation. Rooms were presentable and clean but not a great start to our Qld holiday.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank whataretheodds2014
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Malanda Lodge Motel, and although I was reluctant to stay we chose the Lodge as it was the closest accommodation to the venue our seminar was to be held and it was reasonably priced. I had stayed there once before in 2007 and at the time the decor appeared to be tired and very much dated. I assumed in 7 years there may have been some effort to update and freshen up the Lodge. This was not to be... Our room was musty with stained carpet, 2x faulty lights and a leaking toilet. The pictures decorating the wall looked like the same ones in my room 7 years prior. Our room was also without cakes of soap, and the shower gel dispenser in the bathroom was empty. The bathroom sink was not wiped out, as there were strands of hair in there and build up around the taps.

Now I was not expecting much, I feel the above mentioned were only minor details which could have altered my experience to be a more positive one. I'm not one to comment or complain either, but I believe the Malanda Lodge Motel has so much potential in what it could offer accommodation wise and the role it could play in creating a more pleasant experience for visitors to the area. I feel constructive feedback is what the place needs to initiate some sort of much needed revamping, and turn the Lodge into an experience which reflects the attitude of the locals - warm, welcoming, and a country-style home away from home.

Room Tip: BYO Soap and/or Bodywash!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Renee7871
Peter and Robyn J, Front Office Manager at Malanda Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

I'm a little surprised at the comments you have made about our motel. If everything you have mentioned was important enough for you to put on TripAdvisor, why didn't you mention it to management when you first arrived, so that we could actually see the "poor state" you claim our units are in?
As we have only recently taken over the motel, I believe we have made many improvements - new beds and bedding, new artwork, new seating and dining areas. All our rooms have had their carpets inspected for wear and tear, and professionally cleaned (can't see any stains). Shower dispensers are checked once our guests leave. All walls and tiles have been washed/scrubbed clean.
Management

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This was a stop for just one night on our North Queensland trip, so I was just expecting a motel experience. We were pleasantly surprised: an edge of town location with lovely gardens and rural outlook, a comfortable, quiet room with good facilities and very friendly hosts. We walked into town and found it a bit quiet so we decided to eat back at the motel: the food was excellent, the wine was well matched and the small number of other diners meant that we all had a chance for a chat with the chef! Next time we come to the Atherton Tablelands we will stay here a few days and use it as a base to enjoy the region.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael P
Peter and Robyn J, Manager at Malanda Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

We enjoyed having you stay with us and we are looking forward to your next visit.
Cheers
Peter and Robyn :-)

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Good place to stay. Facilities e .g. Spa looked good but we didn't use them. Owner very welcoming. 1.5k walk to town was a nice stroll. Would go again.
Plenty of stuff provided in bathroom and clean towels.

If you want to feel welcome give it a go.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Idledispenser
Reviewed 23 February 2014

First time I have stayed here and I was pleasantly supprised.
Robyn And Peter do a fantastic job. (Food was sensational)
Pete is great in and out of the Kitchen.
I really enjoyed my stay and its a great place to entertain customers,
In which they said they would come back more often as well.
I look forward to my next visit, I will even make enough time to view the platypus.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Peter and Robyn J, Manager at Malanda Lodge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Hi Zane, Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to your next visit and we'll attempt to make sure you get to see those platypus.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I continue to be amazed by people who complain about this motel. My wife & I have been regular patrons of this premise for several years with both past owners and the present owners. if great food & accommodation are what you are looking for with happy, smiling and very friendly customers service make a booking with these lovely people.
If you want to complain and leave your rooms in a trashed state, then you might want to think about going to the tip for your stay.
The meals are amazing and so filling. Even when the restaurant is closed on Sunday nights Peter and Robin offer room service, We can't wait to come "home" again for a fantastic holiday.

Room Tip: Any room in the motel has its own comfort &view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malanda
Eden House Retreat
Curtain Fig Motel
Curtain Fig Motel
#4 of 4 in Yungaburra
Chambers Wildlife Rainforest Lodges

Been to Malanda Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!