“Perfect for Week End Escape” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Roseville House

Roseville House
Ranked #5 of 16 Maleny B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Perfect for Week End Escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

What can I say!! Exceeded expectations by a long way. My husband and I booked at Roseville House so we could attend a surprise birthday dinner for his mother. Addie and Peter made us feel extremely welcome upon arrival with a lovely hot cup of tea and cake.

The interior of the house is immaculate. The community areas, lounge and dining room, superb; beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. Our ensuited bedroom was exactly the same, attention to detail - nothing missed. The gardens are well maintained.

Breakfast was huge! Continental for starters and then a full cooked breakfast and a chance to meet other guests and chat over the meal.

Totally recommend for a week end escape from the pressures of the city or just to get away from it all. Centrally located to Montville and Maleny.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brisbane QLD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed during my wedding. Family booked next door, I booked here as it looked beautiful and I wanted a place away from other family to chill for the big day. I live in Brisbane, we did a drive by whilst visiting during our planning - we're amazed at the view and location, perfect! Arrived to be greeted by Peter, I was given the cabin out back. First impressions were very friendly, the cabin was gorgeous, clean, well presented. Great inclusions, big bed, homely feel. We were offered afternoon tea of scones jam & cream. Beautiful! Very quiet, even with the road nearby. You only hear the occasional bogan ute or hooning bike during the day when you're up anyway. On the mountain it's a nice temperature. Out back birds are present, big distance between neighbours, out front the view to beyond the sea.

I stayed two nights, night before wedding by myself (of course!), night after with my now wife. First night very comfortable. Great bed, plenty of warmth. Air con and fans if you're warm, I kept windows open though for a smooth breeze through the curtains. Hot shower, everything you need. Time for breakfast - fantastic! Cereals, toasts, tea, coffee pot. Had a hot breakfast cooked for me, great produce. Others staying in the house joined us, great conversation with lovely people. So much to look at in the home, fireplace, comfortable couches, old charm.

The big day - easy to get ready, big cupboards, endless hot water (look after the tank water though). Entertaining for all as my bride arranged a Back to the Future car to collect me! OK had to brag, not part of a B&B :) Stayed again that night after our biggest day of our lives, we were stuffed, again a fantastic sleep.

Hosts are fantastic, lovely people, was like staying with family. No motel or hotel gets near this, beautiful gardens and atmosphere. You're crazy if you stay anywhere else, this is the place. And if you live in Brisbane? Stay here Fri & Sat night head back Sunday lunch after lunch in town.

Highly recommended. Thank you to Roseville House for a wonderful stay for my wedding!!

Room Tip: Whatever suits you, cabin out the back is secluded, rooms inside are gorgeous.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank haddakombi
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

What a wonderful place to stay. The attention to detail is incredible. Plunger coffee, tea and shortbread in the room. A platter, cold water and chocolates in the fridge. Bubble bath, candles, even port for after dinner. Not to mention a massive breakfast shared with other guests which was very enjoyable. Roseville House is a beautiful old typical queensland style home with all the touches of yesteryear. Everything is very clean, cosy and comfortable. The gardens are gorgeous, quiet and relaxing. Adline’s hospitality is very warm and welcoming. And we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We were able to choose for ourselves due to bookings being quiet. But you couldn't be disappoin...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Travel_All_Over_6
Essendon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

I had the most restful stay at Roseville House B&B in the beautiful verdant Sunshine Coast hinterlands, just outside Maleny. I was escaping the stress of my busy life, and I couldn’t have wished for a more perfect place to unwind and relax. The rooms are lovely – I had the cottage with king size bed and bathtub, complete with lovely little treats such as chocolates and port.
Adeline takes a personal interest in her guests and their wellbeing – doing all she can to make their stay memorable. She is more of an angel than a B&B host.
I will always be grateful to Adeline for her hospitality and for restoring my spirit.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Groeneveld
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maleny
Clouds of Montville
Secrets on the Lake
Secrets on the Lake
#2 of 9 in Montville
Highwood Park B&B Guest Lodge

Been to Roseville House? Share your experiences!