“Wedding”
Review of House of Laurels

House of Laurels
Ranked #14 of 15 Maleny B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Fantastic venue and food staff were so friendly and punctual with the meals coming out. Over all best place ever been to and perfect wedding.
The crisp pork belly was perfectly cooked and the pannacotta was to die for.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for House of Laurels

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed here in early December and the cottage made a good base for a holiday in this area and to access the sunshine coast. It was generally well presented and the evening meal of Lamb Targine from our Cudo voucher was excellent. On the whole the cottage was clean and tidy, a good kitchen, comfy sofas and a good dining area.

Our biggest gripe though was in the bedroom where the curtain rail seemed held together by Sellotape and the curtains did not completely cover the windows! (see pics) Not fantastic for a holiday when it gets light at 4:30am in Queensland summer and trying to enjoy a well deserved lie in! Also the blinds in the bathroom were not is the best order and the mirror had a chip, little things I know but so easily fixed at a small cost, sloppy maintenance really.

All in all though we enjoyed our stay in the Possums tail cottage, a nice spot in a good location with so much so see, do and eat in Maleny and Montville both only minutes away. Would probably stay here again if price was as good as the voucher deal we had.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AndyP80
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I recently attended a wedding here on November 25th for about 70 people and I was so very disappointed with the quality of food that was dished up to us. The standard of the mains was horrible, the meat was undercooked, raw and bleeding. At my table alone no one could eat it (that was 8people) With the amount of meals that were being returned uneaten to the kitchen the chef/cook (i use this title loosely) should have rang alarm bells. Then there was the desert, it was blan, tasteless and such a let down. Over all the best tasting thing there was the wedding cake which was brought up by the wedding partys family. For all the money they charged the bride and groom I think an apology and refund is due. These lasting memories are not the sort a wedding should leave. This is not a place I would recommend to anyone. I recommend that The House of Laurels re-evalate things.

• Stayed: November 2013
6  Thank MJF1959
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I celebrated my 50th birthday at Laurels with a cocktail party for 65 guests, most of whom travelled to Maleny to attend this event. We booked all accommodation that was available for the weekend. I was grateful for the flexibility I encountered when planning the evening my way...nothing was too much trouble and my ideas were met with enthusiasm.. All of my guests were impressed by the beauty of the venue, the quality and quantity of the food, friendliness of the staff and the standard of the accommodation. Thank you for making my special day such a special day!!!!!

Room Tip: My favourite is Possums Nest- WOW!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kerrie K
Reviewed 26 November 2013

What a huge disappointment. As guest at wedding on 25/11/13 i am struggling to find anything nice to say. Overpriced, unclean and uncomfortable accommodation. So much potential with this venue. Food at the wedding, particularly mains was inedible. Surely the number of meals returned should be waving a huge red flag. The lamb was still bleating and the cows mooing. Surely the chef knows the difference between rare and raw?

This was such disappointing experience for what is supposed to be a very special day. Needless to say will not be recommending venue.

Room Tip: Don't discount negative reviews. Bad businesses don't deserve your hard earned dollars.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was there for a wedding (not the wedding party) and the whole place had a feeling of too much trouble and we are here to make money so have your wedding then....next
When the wedding party were having photos we were put in a quadrangle (around 60 people) and fed sub standard snacks and warm beer...I even had to tell the very intelligent bar person to put some beers in the freezer part of the old kelvinator so you could drink them...I feel it was a ploy to stop people drinking too much by having it warm. There was only a single bowl toilet with a door that wouldn't lock for all 60 people...and to make it worse after an hour you just held it in as there was more urine on the floor than in the bowl....we're put then into the reception room which was pleasant but very old and lacked simple care...there were about 66 people including the bridal party and the poor wedding table looked like they were sitting on each others knees...again for all the people there were only 2 small toilet areas and I was told by my friends husband that if you went to the toilet in the mens room you were guaranteed to get spinal damage as it was so small that when someone was in there they got wacked on the back by the door when someone else wanted to get in....the food sub standard and tuff...the bar staff just stood around and looked totally bored...the bride and groom looked lovely but I would never have a wedding at this venue based on my night.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Gail J
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Hi I recently stayed at Peacock Meadows with my partner and we had a wonderful time.The cottage was beautiful and very well appointed,we had a great relaxing time in the beautiful surroundings and found the staff very friendly and tried their best to make our stay enjoyable..Thanks Laurels for making our weekend one we will always remember

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuzieStewrt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maleny
Clouds of Montville
Spicers Tamarind Retreat
Maleny Terrace Cottages
Maleny Terrace Cottages
#6 of 17 in Maleny

Been to House of Laurels? Share your experiences!